Chapter 2: How far we'll go

hey guys i'm just gonna continue the story as it is in the movie. i'm gonna skip the growing up of Moana and Lana so they will be 17, the age when they leave the island. song is above^

Lana's POV

Moana and I were dancing with Grandma as usual, flowing with the waves of the ocean. Daya, my pet gecko, Kai, my pet hermit crab, and Keone, my pet starfish, were all hanging out in the shade of a tree along with Heihei and Pua. It was sunset so that meant we should be heading home to sleep now. We waved goodbye to Grandma and promised to meet her there tomorrow at the same time. By now, Moana was feeling more confident about leading the village. I however, wasn't. I was still really scared that the villagers wouldn't like how I ran the village. Moana kept trying to convince me that it wasn't very hard, but I'm still not sure about that. Well, maybe tomorrow will be a better day. I thought as a fell asleep.

We woke up and set off to the beach. A few nights ago, Grandma had told us to try to sail with the boats on the beach. We had been caught trying to walk to them straight after. Knowing it was best to wait a bit before trying again, we made a plan to try again today. We made it to the black rock at the shore. I suddenly had the urge to sing a song Mo and I made up, so I did. (play song that i don't own now).

I've been staring at the edge of the water
Long as I can remember, never really knowing why

Moana soon caught on to my song and joined in.

I wish I could be the perfect daughter
But I come back to the water, no matter how hard I try

We begin walking back to the village, willpower telling us not to sail.

Every turn I take, every trail I track
Every path I make, every road leads back
To the place I know where I cannot go
Where I long to be

We turn back to the ocean and run back to the beach, jumping onto a beached boat. We then song with all our hearts:

See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me
And no one knows, how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know
If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go

We turn back to the village and continue walking through the coconut farms, helping out a bit here and there.

I know everybody on this island seems so happy on this island
Everything is by design
I know everybody on this island has a role, on this island
So maybe I can roll with mine

Moana leads me up the mountain, still singing, until we reach the top. I know what she wants to do. I know what I have to do. I'm not sure if we can do it though. I was right because Mo turns toward the sea again, rock in hand.

See the light as it shines on the sea? It's blinding
But no one knows, how deep it goes
And it seems like it's calling out to me, so come find me

We run back down to the beach and jump onto a boat, immediately taking off.

And let me know
What's beyond that line, will I cross that line?
See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me
And no one knows, how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know
How far I'll go

We made it past the barrier, only barely, but we did. All of our pets were in the boat with us too. Mo had the sail under control and I was climbing the mast to look out to the sun and sea, tracking where we were going. We hit a few waves here and there but nothing major. Whelp I spoke too soon. I thought fearfully. A huge wave came toward us at an alarming rate, smashing into our small boat. It flipped over, sending us all into the water. The waves were constantly beating down on us, trapping us underwater. Moana's foot got stuck in some coral and some seaweed help me down. We both struggled frantically, trying to get out. I emerged from the water first, quickly swimming to shore. Mo followed shortly behind me. Our animal friends were already there, shaking and making terrified noises. I felt really bad that we brought them. Grandma walked up and laughed. "Everything that just happened, blame it on the animals." We tried to hide our scratches but to no avail. Grandma found out. "You're not going to tell Father are you?" Mo said anxiously. "I'm his mother, I don't have to tell him anything." Grandma laughed again.