Chapter 6: Kakamora

Random song above^ don't own it. Enjoy this new chapter! ❤️

We had been sailing for a while now, Maui leading us somewhere I had no idea where. I was hanging upside down from the post with Daya, my pet gecko, on my foot. I don't remember why I am hanging from the post, but I was probably thinking. Mo was sitting on the deck and had her feet trailing in the water, Maui was fixing the sail and well sailing us to this mystery-spot, Heihei was walking back and forth in the compartment and had no clue what was going on, and the rest of the animals were sunbathing. I sighed and ran a hand through my dark, curly hair. The sun was hot on my skin and I was starting to feel really thirsty. Moana started humming softly, but loud enough so I could hear it. I recognized the song, but couldn't quite put my finger on what the lyrics were. Maui rolled his eyes in annoyance, making me glare at him from my spot on the mast. I shot upward, falling off the mast and into the ocean when I heard a horn. I came up to the surface, spitting out the salty water, and putting Daya on my head. I climbed onto the boat quickly and looked toward the sound. There was a huge ship sailing right toward us. Maui started muttering under his breath, something like, "my day just gets better and better." Moana asked what the ship was and Maui's answer was simple, "Kakamora." This made me panic a bit inside. I knew what these pirates were, coconuts. They are pretty dangerous if you ask me. My mind blurred with thoughts, I couldn't even process what was happening. Heihei swallowed the heart by accident, leaving the coconuts to capture him, and Moana to save the poor chicken. I sat on the boat, staring into space when I was interrupted by Maui shouting at me. "Help me with these arrows, will you!" He yelled, yanking out arrows with ropes attached to the end out of the mast and sail. I stood up, almost flipping the boat over in the process, and set to work with the arrows. Some Kakamora had made it to our boat, so I took my trusty oar and whacked them into the ocean. Luckily, Moana made it safely back to the boat and the huge ship stopped firing arrows. We needed to leave, otherwise they would get the heart. Mo and I screamed as Maui jerked the boat around, trying to find an exit. The pirate ship had split into three terrifying boats and we're all closing in on us. All the animals were in the compartment, and we were on deck. I was mostly trying to stay out of Maui's way, hoping not to get yelled at again. Maui kept pushing on toward the only way out, me squeezing my eyes shut in fear. I heard the crunching of wood behind us, and opened my eyes to find we were alive. Moana and I let out whoop's of victory and hugged each other, Maui rolling his eyes and going back to sailing. "Hey that was pretty amazing back there. You're acting like that was nothing." I said to Maui, looking at my feet then back up at him. He still had his body turned away from me when he replied, "It was no big deal." He muttered. "What?! You can't do something that amazing and then say 'it's no big deal'! That was really cool! You have to teach me how to sail like that!" I ranted. Maui scoffed and went back to his work, dismissing me. I sighed and climbed back up the mast and resumed the position I was in before the attack. Mo started humming that song again, making me finally remember the lyrics. I softly sang out into the cool air, the breeze making my hair drift back behind me, the sun sparkled and shined.
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
My daddy says that life comes at you fast
We are like blades of grass
We come to prime and in time we just wither away
And it all changes
My view of the looking glass won't catch the past
Only photographs remind us of the passing of days
Oh nothing stays the same from yesteryears
See I recall being afraid of the dark
And holding on to teddy bears
I'd wrap myself in blackest just to cover me from fears
That was then and now I'm here
And the night is mine
So hear me scream
I was too young to understand what it means
I couldn't wait til I could be seventeen
I thought he lied when he said take my time to dream
Now I wish I could freeze the time at seventeen
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
I'm seventeen
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
Seventeen
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
Oh oh oh oh
Seventeen
Now I wish I could freeze the time at seventeen
I sat up and watched the sun and waves. I felt eyes on me the entire time I was singing and even now. I looked down curiously and found Maui staring at me with wide eyes. He then shook his head and quickly averted his eyes down to the deck. I giggled and twirled a piece of my hair, specifically the bit that had shells strung on it. I made beads to put in my hair or I shaped shells I found on the beach so I could string them in my hair. That was a thing I did, also flower crowns. Oh did I love flower crowns. Maybe I should make one for Maui. I tried to imagine him with flowers on his head and laughed quietly under my breath. I hung back down and sighed, waiting for what the next day would bring us.