Chapter 5: Water everywhere

hey guys i'm finally updating!!! this will be kind of a filler chapter but that's ok! i'll be sure to update again. love ya ❤️ btw the song is up above (i don't own it) play it when it comes up in the story

I looked at Moana, who had her oar raised at Maui threateningly. Maui was standing there smirking at us. "Mo it's okay, it's Maui. He can help us." I got her to lower her weapon. "How can he help us, we're on a desert island!" She screamed hopelessly. That is true, he's been stuck here for thousands of years probably. I thought. "I think I know why you're here girls..." Maui trailed off and grabbed my oar I had set down earlier. He then proceeded to pick up Heihei and carved something into the paddle of the oar. "When you use a bird to write with....it's called tweeting. There ya go!" Maui gave the oar back to me. What was on the paddle was a fish hook and a heart. Moana peeked over my shoulder to look at it. When she saw what he did, she glared at him. Oh my god! I just got my oar signed by my favorite demigod! Wait, you need to focus Lana, we need to get off this island. My thoughts battled against themselves. I was brought out of my train of thought when Maui started singing. I realized I had missed the conversation between him and Mo that lead to this. Oh well. I thought carelessly. I then focused back on Maui.

Okay, okay, I see what's happening here
You're face-to-face with greatness and it's strange
You don't even know how you feel, it's adorable
Well it's nice to see that humans never change
Open your eyes, let's begin
Yes it's really me, it's Maui, breathe it in
I know it's a lot: the hair, the bod
When you're staring at a demigod

What can I say except "you're welcome?"
For the tides, the sun, the sky
Hey, it's okay, it's okay, you're welcome
I'm just an ordinary demi-guy

Hey, what has two thumbs and pulled up the sky
When you were waddling ye high? This guy
When the nights got cold, who stole you fire from down below?
You're looking at him, yo!
Oh, I also lassoed the sun, you're welcome
To stretch your days and bring you fun
Also, I harnessed the breeze, you're welcome
to fill your sails and shake your trees

So what can I say except "you're welcome?"
For the islands I pulled from the sea
There's no need to pray, it's okay, you're welcome
I guess it's my way of being me
You're welcome, you're welcome

Well, come to think of it
Kid, honestly I can go on and on
I can explain every natural phenomenon
The tide, the grass, the ground
Oh, that was Maui just messing around
I killed an eel, I buried it's guts
Sprouted a tree, now you've got coconuts
What's the lesson? What's the takeaway?
Don't mess with Maui when he's on the breakaway
And the tapestry here in my skin
Is a map of the victories I win
Look where I've been, I make everything happen
Look at that mean mini Maui just tippity tapping
Ha ha ha ha ha ha hey

Well anyway, let me say you're welcome
For the wonderful world you know
Hey it's okay, it's okay you're welcome
Well, come to think of it, I gotta go
Hey it's your day to say you're welcome
'Cause Im gonna need that boat
I'm sailing away, away, you're welcome
'Cause Maui can do anything but float
You're welcome, you're welcome
And thank you!

Just like that all the fruit, the animals, everything was gone. Gone with the closing of a cave. He had been so nice and friendly to us, then he just slams a rock in our faces and takes our boat! I'm gonna slap him so hard that next time I see him! My thoughts swarmed in my brain, but stopped when Moana started trying to move the rock. I looked where we were and fell to the ground in shock. We were stuck in a tiny cave with an unfinished statue of Maui in the middle. I felt like throwing up, I hate closed spaces. It makes me feel, well....trapped! I focused on Mo as she scrambled around to find a way out. I looked up and saw a hole. I tapped her hand and pointed up, not wanting to speak in case I throw up. She quickly caught on to what I was showing her and lead me up the statue. Mo explained the plan was to jump into the hole as the statue was falling and use ourselves to walk up the walls of the hole and out. I nodded silently, fearing this wasn't going to work.

timeskip brought to you by Maui being a jerk

We got out of the cave and looked around. We were standing on a cliff and I could just make out the boat Maui stole. For once I didn't have a fear of heights as we ran off the cliff and jumped into the ocean. I came up spitting out water and swimming expertly to the boat. Maui saw me and a look of shock covered his face. He apparently hadn't thought we'd make it out. I slowly climbed onto the boat and Mo shot out of the water, being carried by the ocean (I had commanded it to), and landed on the boat. This left the entire deck wet, causing me to slip back into the water. Still underwater, I saw Maui shake his head in disappointment before turning back to steering the boat. I quickly shot up onto the boat and glared at him for leaving me in the water. Maui shoved both of us into the ocean only to have us shoot back up onto the boat. This happened a few times before he actually gave up. The last time, the ocean put me on the deck with my back facing Maui. I whipped around in anger, to find I could see nothing but hair. Mo laughed and I heard her fall back into the ocean. I swept my wet hair off my face and helped her back onto the boat. That's when I noticed our pets were gone. "Maui did you leave our pets on the island?!" I screamed at him. "Oops." He shrugged. This sent me into a fit of anger and sadness. "I was just kidding! They're right here in the compartment." Maui said calmly, like he didn't just joke about leaving our pets on the island. Moana then started talking to him about restoring the heart as I showed the green gem to him. Maui kept saying "no" over and over, until he finally agreed to put it back if we found his magic fish hook first. I looked at Moana as we considered the offer. I shrugged and shook his hand, sealing the deal.