Chapter 3: Grandma?

i'm just gonna start the story...there's the song up above^

Lana's POV

We chuckled nervously, still kind of shaken up about our wreck from a few minutes ago. Grandma waded into the water. "Well I'm done with this. I'm going to go put my rock on the mountain. I need to forget about the ocean, I need to forget going out there. Father was right." Moana exclaimed angrily. My eyes widened in shock. How could she give up so easily? I thought we were in this together. I thought. I then brought myself back to the conversation. "Okay." Grandma said, a smile forming on her face. "When I die, I want to come back as one of these." She said happily, motioning to the manta rays swimming around her legs. "Or else I picked the wrong tattoo." She smirked, showing her tattoo on her back. "What? You're not going to stop me?" Moana questioned. "If you think you're ready, do what you must." Grandma replied. "Is there something you want to tell me?" Mo huffs impatiently. "Is there something you want to hear?" Grandma turns to us, smiling. I shrugged, still just going with the conversation.

*time skip brought to you by Pua the pig*

Grandma lead us up a hill, well Mo and I helped her, she pointed out where to go. We stopped when we arrived at a cave opening, it was covered by rocks. Mo and I pulled out a rock, sending the rest tumbling to the ground. "You know all of our stories and legends..." I interrupted her, "Yeah we do! I love the one when Maui steals fire for us. Ooh and the one where Maui..." I rambled. "Shh I want to hear what Grandma has to say!" Moana scolded me. "Thank you Moana. Okay what was I saying...Go inside, bang the drum to find your answer." Grandma said mysteriously. We both looked at each other and shrugged. Mo lead the way, me being the more cowardly of the two of us, down a long tunnel. It finally opened up into a cave. There was a waterfall gushing out from up above an exit to the cave. Moonlight poured through the falling water, sending light blue and silver splotches of light across the room. We looked around, seeing massive boats and canoes. I walked over to one that had a swirly pattern on the sail. Getting excited, I jumped onto the deck of the boat. I swung around the mast with one hand, ending the spinning cycle by letting myself hang from it, staring out at the waterfall. I looked around to see Moana walking on the deck of a massive boat, looking at some designs on the sail. Curious, I ran over, abandoning my torch. On the sail, was a picture of several boats sailing the sea, with an island a bit in front of them. Mo looked to the side, seeing a drum. Bang the drum, and you'll find the answer to your question. Grandma's voice echoed in my head. Moana grabbed the sticks and banged a rhythm on the drum, creating an echo throughout the cave. Suddenly, some torches lit up around the cave, scaring both of us. We soon saw images of people that looked like us, sailing the ocean and singing a song. (i don't own the song)

Tatou o tagata folau e vala'auina
E le atua o le sami tele e o mai
Ia ava'e le lu'itau e lelei
Tapenapena

Aue, aue
Nuku i mua
Te manulele e tataki e
Aue, aue
te fenua, te malie,
Nae ko hakilia mo kaiga e.

We read the wind and the sky
When the sun is high
We sail the length of sea
On the ocean breeze
At night we name every star
We know where we are
We know who we are, who we are

Aue, aue,
We set a course to find
A brand new island everywhere we row,
Aue, aue,
We keep our island in our mind
And when it's time to find home,
We know the way.

Aue, aue,
we are explorers reading every sign
we tell the stories of our elders
in the never ending chain
Aue, aue,
Te fenua, te mālie
Nā heko hakilia
We know the way