Chapter 4: The island of Maui?

Song above^ also play how far i'll go reprise and ---- when it comes up, stupid wattpad wouldn't let me add two songs at the top, i don't own any of the songs

Moana and I made it past the lagoon singing.
(play how far i'll go reprise)

There's a line where the sky meets the sea
And it calls me
But no one knows, how far it goes
All the time wondering where I need to be
Is behind me
I'm on my own
Towards unknown
Every turn I take
Every trail I track
Is a choice I make
Now I can't turn back
From the great unknown
Where I go alone
Where I long to be
See her light at the night in the sea
She calls me
And yes I know
That I can't go
There's a moon in the sky and the wind is behind me
Soon I'll know
How far I'll go
I looked back behind us as we were sailing away from our beloved island, to see a giant glowing manta ray. In my heart I knew it was Grandma. This made me cry harder and sing louder. Moana felt my sadness and patted my back before returning to sailing us out of the lagoon. I knew Grandma would always be with me but I missed her. Like herself, not a manta ray. We finished our song and we noticed we were outside the reef. "Hey Lana, why don't you do your thing with the stars?" Mo suggested. "Sure, and it's called navigating. Unless you were talking about stargazing, in which you just look at the stars." I said jokingly. I climbed up the surprisingly sturdy mast. I breathed in the salty air and hung off with one hand wrapped firmly around the pole. My feet held me still on the mast and I let my other hand reach out to trace the stars. I loved doing this, even if it wasn't for navigating purposes. It made me feel more calm and I felt like I was one with the stars and sea. I easily found the constellation I was looking for. The one Grandma told us to follow, Maui's hook. I let my hand fall until my finger found the bottom of the hook. "We need to just keep going straight." I yelled down to Moana. I wanted to stay up here a bit more, but I figured I should sleep if Mo was sailing. I climbed down carefully, walked over to a side of the boat, and lie down.

*time skip to morning brought to you by stars and constellations*

I woke up to see Moana in the water with Heihei in her hand. "What the heck is going on here!?" I shrieked. Mo chuckled when she finally climbed onto the boat. I stretched and looked out at the ocean. There were no waves. The whole day was spent getting Heihei out of the water, trying to find the right direction, and eating coconuts.

*time skip again sorry*

It was nighttime and there were some clouds in the sky. We were fed up with all the animals floating away in the water and almost flipping the boat because of a "shark." We weren't exactly sure what it was, but it freaked me out, which caused the animals to freak out, which caused Mo to yell at us and also freak out. That was fun. I thought back to that moment. We weren't even a day in this boat and things were already going completely wrong. I can't imagine the journey with Maui. I thought. I was broken from my thoughts when Pua squealed at the clouds. It was a storm. "Oh that's just perfect!" Mo yelled sarcastically. I climbed to the top of the mast to guide Moana who was steering to boat. A huge wave knocked over the boat. "Ocean! A little help here!" I screamed, smacking the water with my hand. We tried to push the boat over again but to no avail. Suddenly, a wave smashed me under the boat, blocking off all my air supply. Oh God, I can't die like this! I'm scared of drowning! I internally screamed. I could faintly hear Moana's screams from the surface before everything went black.

I woke up and it was morning, or afternoon, I'm not really sure. I was on...land? I quickly stood up to look around. Bad idea... I thought before almost falling over again. I saw our boat, which was wrecked, the animals were sprawled everywhere, and Moana was half buried in sand. She was attempting to get up. I giggled at her fail and went to help her myself. We quickly washed off the sand in the ocean and looked for our materials. I found my oar and my weapon belt with my daggers in it. Oh thank god. Wait where's the heart?! I panicked an it before looking in my necklace. There it was. I sighed in relief before trying again to salvage what I could from the wreck. I never looked around the actual island until Mo tapped my shoulder. I looked at the rocks and the even larger rocks. There wasn't anything on the island. "Well we're screwed!" I yelled, throwing my hands up in the air. I spent the next few minutes pacing back and forth, fuming. My hands were clenched into fists as I stomped across the beach, and then back again. I didn't know where Mo went, but I assumed she was fine. There was nothing to harm us on this pathetic excuse for an island. I growled to myself. "Why do we have to get stuck on a desert island? This island of all of them out there! I swear I will..." I thought back to the ocean. The ocean! That thing didn't even help us! I thought angrily. I marched up to the water, still raging. "What was that?! You're supposed to help me not get me ship-wrecked!" I tried to kick the waves but fell right on my butt. "Well fish pee in you all day! So yeah..." I trailed off. "Ugh! Where's Mo anyway?!" I was so mad I started yelling everything. "Who's Mo?" A deep voice asked. "Well you see I'm not talking to anyone right now cause I'm so mad!" I screamed at the voice. "Why are you mad?" The voice asked. "You see..." I was about to explain when I realized, the voice wasn't part of my imagination. I spun around to see who was talking to me. There stood...Maui? "Maui?....Wait! Maui!" I muttered then screamed. "Yeah it's me." He said nonchalantly. "This is great! This is great! We need you! Mo! Where is she? Moana!" I yelled, jumping around. My sister came running out from behind our wrecked boat, oar raised up threateningly. "What happened? Who hurt you?" She yelled, thrusting the oar at Maui.

to be continued...sorry guys i'm gonna stop it here i guess no extra songs after all