Chapter 12: A Doll

The Alpha's Omega: Chapter 12: A Doll

               I held onto the gate's metal bars, my knuckles white from the force. 'Lauren, why are you running?' 

I attempted to climb, my ankle being seized before it even touched the iron. 'I won't let him tamper with my head again - it's an invasion of privacy!' I yelled back. "Let me go!" I kicked and thrashed around aimlessly, the guards struggling to keep a proper grip on me. 

'You're going to be okay - it's not going to hurt.' Niro urged. He didn't understand though. I didn't want my memories of the pack erased - I wanted to remember the man I loved that died defending his pack. 

                The guards finally pulled me back inside, my parents standing at the bottom of the stairs. The Sayrin looked pissed while my mom looked worried. "What do you think you're doing?!" He bellowed, his voice echoing through out the large room. 

I automatically cringed and cursed myself for it. "I'm not going to stand around while you manipulate my every thought - I don't know what kind of hold you have over my mother but I'll be fucken damned if I let you do -" His hand lashed out, hitting my cheek just under my right eye. 

"You will watch your language." My eyes instantly watered as my knees buckled. My mom let out a slight gasp but didn't move from her spot. 

I bit my lip to hold back a cry. "Fuck you." I muttered. 

"What was that?" He looked some how amused. 

"I said 'fuck you!'" His fist shot out again - only this time he aimed for my stomach. The air was knocked out of me. The only thing that kept me from crumbling to the floor were the guards on either side of me. 

"Do you have any other colorful vocabulary you'd like to show me?" I remained silent. "That's more like it - chain him to his bed and lock his chambers." The guards tipped their head before pulling me back down the hall. 

'Are you okay?' Niro asked, probably have seen everything through my eyes. 'Lauren?' 

'Don't talk to me.' I hissed dangerously, enflamed that he saw nothing wrong with Nico tampering with my mind. 

                Once they had accurately chained me to the foot of my bed they walked out, a large padlock sliding into place. I pulled my legs to my chest and began to silently sob. It wasn't fair that I had to go through all this - granted, some of it was my fault. I couldn't help but feel enraged at the fact that my mom did nothing to stop him. She had never even hit me and yet, she allowed him to. 

                What did Jay think of me right now? Was he mad - scared? Even though I was a guy, I would give anything to be carrying his baby instead of Mika. She didn't exactly sleep around but she would always be a whore in my eyes. 

'That's pretty harsh - don't you think?' 

I forced my mind to go blank, 'Eves dropping is pretty low, you know?' I shot back. 

'You used to love when I did it - you liked the fact that I knew everything you did -" 

'- well, I don't now' 

He was silent for a minute. 'You should get some sleep.' With that he left me alone again. I didn't care if I hurt him, at this rate I didn't care if he never talked to me again. 

                "Wake up Lauren!" Kat yelled, impatiently pulling on my arm. We were laying on the ground, behind the trees next to the camp fire where Jay had made his announcement to the full pack. The sun was rising in the far distance. "I love you Lauren." Kat cuddled up next to me, my scent wafting up my nose. She smelt like me! 

"Did we have -" I let my question trail off, unable to actually say 'sex.' 

She smiled gleefully. "Yeah - you imprinted on my last night too." She kissed my lips but they felt wrong. They didn't cause butterflies to rise in my stomach or leave them tingling like it did when Jay or Niro kissed me. 

                My eyes snapped open as an outside force was exerted on my arm, holding that bed of my elbow to the bed. My mom was running her fingers through my hair, smiling. "Don't worry, it'll all be over soon baby." 

"What are you doing?" I asked as a man in a white lab coat approached. My heart sped up, adrenaline running through my veins. I felt a sharp sting as a needle pierced my skin, forcing an unknown chemical into my body. I squirmed, causing the faceless guy to lose grip and the syringe slipped out, only a small trinkle of blood left behind. "You need to stay still sweetheart." My mom encouraged but I struggled more. 

"Let go of me!" I screamed, finally freeing my hand. I jumped off the bed and moved as far away from it as I could. 

"Lauren, relax and let Nico do his job." 

"No! I'm ot gonna let him rewrite my past again." I held my arm to me, my fingertips going slightly numb. 

The guy picked up the syringe again and walked into the light. My breath caught as I stared at the all too familiar face, the only difference was a missing scar. He looked just like Niro except his eyes were dull and lifeless - like a doll. 

I pulled at the chain around me ankle but it just caused it to tighten. "Why are you doing this to me?!" 

My mom stepped forward, "We're just trying to help you." 

"You're not helping me - I don't want to forget it!" The numbness had traveled up my arm, "What did you inject me with?!" 

"It's a relaxer - it'll make everything a little less traumatic." 

Nico approached again, his hand open and waiting. The Sayrin grabbed me from behind and forced my arm straight. "Let go!" Nico inserted the needle again and continued to force the chemical into my body. I felt weak again as I lost use of my limbs. 

The door opened and a panicked Niro ran it. "Nico, don't do it." He spat out, completely out of breath. Nico stopped instantly and began to pack the few supplies he had pulled out. 

"What are you doing?" The Sayrin questioned. 

Nico slightly bowed just like everyone else did. "I beg pardon but my services can no longer be offered." He walked out, brushing his open palm over Niro's head as he went. 

"Call Lillian!" The Sayrin barked. 

"Lillian doesn't have enough practice - she could end up hurting him." My mom objected fiercely. 

'I'm sorry Lauren.' Niro's voice was slightly distorted by the drug. 

I fought the unconsciousness that threatened the edges of my brain. 'I'm sorry I got so angry.' 

My eyes were beginning to slip shut as I felt a wave of nausea run through me. 

I truly felt sick but I couldn't do anything about it. I slumped against the Sayrin, the unconscious finally taking over. 'Don't let them hurt me.' I whispered, giving into the darkness that now plagued my sight.