Chapter 1: Sophie

Hi Everyone! This is my first story and is purely fiction. I've been thinking of this story for the longest time so I'm trying my hand in writing. This is my first draft so it's not edited nor proofread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sophie Chase was bored to death. She was stuck listening to her second grade Math teacher droning about multiplication tables. Her mind cannot comprehend why it takes more than a day to teach multiplication. She was looking curiously at her classmates who were furiously writing down notes. She was amazed that they still need to take down notes.

"Sophie, stay still and stop looking around!" Yasmin, her best friend kicked her foot and frantically whispered. "Miss Minette is looking at you!"

Sophie froze and belatedly realized that Miss Minette was looking at her with eyebrows rose.

"Sophie, did you hear me?" Ms. Minette asked.

"Sorry, Miss Minette. I didn't get what you said." Sophie meekly replied.

"I said, can I have your homework?" she pointedly asked.

"Umm, homework? Did you give us homework? I don't seem to recall Ms. Minette." Sophie embarrassingly answered.

"Oh no, i totally forgot again." she thought. She can usually finish her homework in 5 minutes during homeroom session but she was so engrossed reading her copy of Frank Herbert's Dune series that she didn't realize that the class was about the start.

"Sophie, I know that you're the top student but you have to show that you are responsible. Please go to the library and finish your homework." Ms. Minette replied exasperatingly.

Sophie heard a snicker and as she turned around, she saw Mason, the school's most popular kid and Yasmin's twin brother smirk. She glared at him and wanted to scratch his eyes out. He just winked at her and looked pointedly at the door. She gathered her book and left the classroom. She didn't go to the library. She stayed in the hallway and finished her homework in 3 minutes and went back inside.

"Are you done, Sophie?" Ms. Minette asked, surprised.

"Yes, Ms. Minette." Sophie replied defensively giving her book to Ms. Minette.

"Ok class, please exchange books for homework checking." Ms. Minette answered giving Sophie's book back. Sophie exchanged books with Yasmin and the class started checking.

"Wow, you got perfect again." Yasmin answered jealously. "How come you always get perfect score even if you don't study. I study the whole night and I still don't get perfect scores."

"Umm, I don't know. To be honest, my family seems to have this gift." Sophie answered humbly.

"Yes, I know. You're like a walking family of Einsteins." Yasmin said jokingly." Good thing, you're my bestfriend."

Sophie blushed and thought about her parents. They like to talk about science, math and books. It was a normal occurrence in their family to hear intellectual discussions. She used to think this was normal. However, kids looked at her peculiarly when she started school and talked about science and math. The kids wanted to talk about toys and play. It was so confusing for her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think? Next chapter will be on Mason. 

It would mean the world to me if you could vote and comment on my story. :)