Chapter 20

So sorry for the long update. Work is hell. I had to meet so many deadlines. I apologize in advance for any grammatical error since I did not have time to proofread.

----------

Yasmin narrowed her gaze at both Mason and Jason. One would think they prefer a brawl instead of playing pool with the way they are glaring at each other. It was so frustrating how Mason kept on ignoring his feelings for Sophie. Yas was afraid that Jason might snatch Sophie right in front of Mason.

"Ok guys, let's start. Heads or Tails Jason?"

"Tails."

Yasmin tossed the coin until it landed into the pool table, it flipped a few times until it finally settled. "Head." Yasmin said looking at the coin. "You'll do the break Mace." she said looking at her brother. Chris used the triangle to rack up the 15 pool balls so that the game could start.

Mason raised his eyebrow and took a cue stick and moved around to get the chalk. He turned the stick under the chalk to evenly coat the tip. He slowly bent with his feet a little wider. Sophie's heart thudded as she gazed at Mason. He was so gorgeous. She tried not to look at the way his jeans pulled across his butt or the way his biceps strained against his shirt while taking the shot. She caught her breath. God, he was gorgeous.

Mason narrowed his gaze at the cue ball and took his shot, scattering the balls and pocketing 2 solid balls. He grinned and smirked at Jason when he saw this. Jason raised his eyebrows narrowing his gaze at him. Mason moved forward and took his next shot effectively pocketing the next solid ball.

Sophie sighed since she knew that Mason was good at pool. She sneaked a glance at Jason and saw his eyes narrowing and shoulders tensing. She didn't know if she wanted Mason or Jason to win since the two are bent on out performing each other. She turned her gaze once again at the pool table where Mason was still playing and noticed that only one solid color remained in the table.

"Are you sure you don't want to back out Williams?" Mason asked arrogantly, using Jason's last name to goad him.

"Don't be over confident Taylor. I doubt if you will be able to pocket number 6 in that position," Jason replied, smirking at him.

Jason glanced back at the pool table. The cue ball is a bit far from the number 6 ball and is surrounded by stripes. Mason narrowed his gaze then took his shot. Unfortunately, number six just rolled near the pocket.

"My turn." Jason said, grinning. He took a cue stick and narrowed his gaze at the table. He loved football but he knew he was also good with pool. He liked the challenge of learning the angles and the force needed to pocket the balls. He just had to apply what he learned in physics and geometry so pool was child's play for him. He took a shot, neatly pocketing a stripes ball. This went on until all the stripes ball were pocketed and only the 8 ball was remaining.

Sophie was amazed with how Jason played. She knew Mason was good but Jason played like a pro. His shots were confident. She turned her gaze at Mason and she saw a tick on his jaw. She knew that Mason was getting angry. She wanted to grab his hand and soothe him the way she always does when he couldn't control his temper. She bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself.

Jason smiled then took his position at the edge of the table and confidently took a shot and the 8 ball rolled inside a pocket. Everyone's eyes widened since this was the first time that Mason lost in a game of pool. They gazed at Mason who was brooding at the corner then at Jason who was smiling at Sophie.

"Wow! Jason, you won. I can't believe it." Yasmin exclaimed.

"Sophie must be my lucky charm." he said, taking her hand. Sophie blushed at his statement. "So what do you say Taylor, am I the best athlete you've ever known."