Chapter 12

Mason got inside his car still angry and confused with what he was feeling. He raised his hand and touched his lips that were still tingling from Sophie's kiss. He had taken a cold shower but his body hardened as he remembered Sophie's warm body and soft curves.

"F*ck! What's wrong with me?" He cursed, his heart beating furiously. He had never felt this way. It irritated him that Sophie didn't even acknowledge their kiss when he was so devastatingly affected. The thought of her going out with Jason was driving him insane.

He drove furiously and arrived in school almost at the same time as Sophie and Yasmin. He jogged towards them and tried to contain his temper when he saw Sophie avoiding his haze. When he was near them, he saw Marissa at the corner of his eye approaching him.

"Hi Mason! Are you alright? I heard you had migraine yesterday." Marissa said fluttering her lashes.

Sophie heard and looked at her disgusted, clenching her hands and trying to stop herself from slapping her.

"Yes, I'm ok. Sophie brought me home." Mason replied.

Sophie smiled at that. Marissa turned at her and gave her a fake smile, "Oh, next time you can call me Mason and I'll be there for you," she said flirtatiously, "by the way, would you like to go out and watch a movie after your game to help you unwind?"

Sophie gaze at her venomously, stopping herself from scratching Marissa's eyes.

Mason started to say no seeing Sophie's reaction then remembered that Sophie was going out with Jason later and insolently said,"Sure, why not. I'll pick you up by 7."

"Great Mason! See you later." Marissa replied, smiling widely and impulsively giving him a kiss on the lips and swaying her hips deliberately as she left. The gesture was lost to Mason since he was looking at Sophie whose eyes were suddenly stormy.

"How could you go out with her and let her kiss you?" she said raising her voice, her eyes darkening due to frustration and anger.

"How could I? I didn't kiss her back!" Mason replied in annoyance. "You started this! Why the hell did you agree to go out with Jason after what happened this morning?! How can you kiss me and then agree to go out with someone else!"

Yasmin's eyes widened at the revelation and turned her head to check Sophie's reaction.

"I started this?! You were the one who agreed to go with Marissa to the prom! How could you do that?" she replied scathingly, her voice trembling and her eyes bright from frustration and hurt.

Yasmin saw that they were gaining an audience so decided to intercede. "Look, Sophie and Mace, I don't think this is the right venue to discuss this." she said lowering her voice and pointedly looking at their audience. "How about let's go to the class first since it's almost time and discuss this during lunchtime?"

"I don't have anything to discuss with him!" Sophie said in hostility still remembering the way Marissa kissed Mason. It might have just been a peck but jealousy was eating her.

"Me too!" Mason said and distastefully rubbed his lips disgusted with the way Marissa gave him a kiss. He almost recoiled when she did that especially when he smelled her overwhelming perfume.

The three of them marched inside the class ignoring each other.

-------------------------------

Thank you for reading my story. It would mean the world to me if you could vote and comment. :)