*Chapter five*

Happy birthday my sweet darling,
It makes me happy to see your eyes sparkling.
Your eyes they shine so bright,
Skin so pale but beautiful within moonlight.
Your heart is made of gold,
First time I saw you I had my soul sold.
Your the honey to my world.
Your the sweetness in my dreams,
Oh how I praise your lustful screams.
Happy birthday my sweet darling,
Today I hope you are sparkling.

Written by beautiful_Me.

Dedicated to rosefan23.

When I get back to the base,
I see all of the lights switched off.
Walking through the silent building, I start panicking.

"Hello?Where are you dad?"
Muttering my dislike for dark places, I hardly notice when I walk into the lunch hall, The lights going on and people jumping out everywhere screaming "happy birthday Scarlett!"

My heart nearly stopped.
Looking to my right I see father with Avah,
My little sister.
Barely 5 years old.
Smart little monkey.
Walking over to them I get down on my knees and pick Avah up.
"Hi sweet little monkey-poo. Did you miss me?"
Looking into her bright blue eyes my heart goes out to this brave little warrior.
Losing mother touched all of us.
I took an oath to always put her before my own needs.
Without this little sweetheart I would have never made it through the last year.

"Ewo scar-r-lett.yes! I coloured the whole day. I put you and daddy with me and mommy in a picture with a monkey and a pwetty flower!he-he"

My heart soars for her,
"Oh sweetie! I'm so happy to hear that, Can I put it on the freezer?
so everybody can see the artist you are."
Giggling she turns around and go stand behind dad.
Oh father. Loving but fearless father.
With his bright blue eyes,dark brown hair and handsome dark skin he barely looks over 40.

Smiling down at her, I turn and hug father,
Nearly choking him in the process.
Hearing his chuckle makes me smile broadly.

"Thanks dad. I really appreciate this. But hey, You didn't need to do all of this for me. I'm just glad I have you both safe with me everyday."

"Oh princess! Nonsense!
I'm happy to make your birthday a huge deal. I mean it's not like you turn 21 every year.
Happy birthday my sweetheart.
We all love you dearly."

Crying I hug him again,
closer this time.
I'm really blessed to have such a great father.
Greeting everybody and saying thanks,
I go to the presents table.
So many presents!

How am I supposed to open them all?

I take dad's first,

Wrapped in a bright pink flower paper with a red bow, I almost cry out when I see what's inside.

"Oh daddy! Thank you! Thank you! I love you."
Smiling through my tears I look at the pendant again and remember the time I used to see it regularly..

Flashback - 3 years ago.

"Look mom!Avah got you a flower."

Smilling at me she picks up Avah and embrace her, in the process I see the pendant gleaming in the sunlight. Reflecting it's bright sapphire blue heart stone.

Looking at the flower she gasps and laugh "oh sweetie, This is beautiful! where did you pick it?"
Looking at them my heart swells and I smile to myself.
So beautiful to see them so happy and healthy.

"Scar helped me pick it in the garden momma.
She said it looks just as pwetty as you!."

Laughing she asked Avah "oh did she now? But your prettier than me my darling"
Putting her down she starts tickling my little monkey, making her laugh and scream.
"No mommy! Hahaha.')"
Hearing them laugh always made my day.

(End of flashback)

Thinking about that now makes me cry,
It makes me feel the loss all over again.
But not today,
Tomorrow I can cry.
Tonight I will party and appreciate what I still have.

7hours later...
(After 3-4 bottles vodka)

Tumbling down the stairs I hit my head and swear colourful words all over the place.

"Owwh..nu party-y forr meh agan! Noooo."
Slurring my words I get up and try to walk to my room.

"Princess, Let me help you"
I hear fathers voice and feel ashamed.
Why did I drink three bottles of vodka again?
"I can walk by m-myself thaank you very mush!"

Dad smiles and takes my arm in his.
I'm such a stupid ass sometimes with my 'smart' idea's.
"I never said your drunk princess. I just want to hold my baby girl close. That's all. Now let me help you."

Almost falling again, Father takes my arms and put his own around my waist and helps me walk slowly to my room.
Suddenly I really miss my mother, She should have been here on my 21st. She should have helped me pick a dress and do my hair and tell me how proud she is of me.

"I miss h-her daddy.
Everyday I wake up and I feel
the loss! Everyday I f-feel sad.
She should have been here today, she should have been here.
I feel so alone.
I lo-love you daddy."
My voice breaking slightly.

Looking through my blurry vision I see a few tears running down his cheeks.

"I know princess. I know.
But one day when your older and you have your own children, and a loving husband you will never feel alone again.
I promise you that.
I love you my flower, They won't take her place, but they will help fill that void inside of your heart.
Like you and Avah did with me."

Smiling through my drunken stupor, I try awkwardly hugging him, half with my arm and half laying on him for support.
Too afraid I will fall.
My heart swells at his beautiful words, what he doesn't know is that he is my rock as well.
If he didn't train me and always emotionally support me I would have just gone and died right after my mother's death.

"Thanks daddy, your my hero. I really love you and Avah with all of my heart. I hope one day your sadness will turn to happiness.
Your my constant rock."

After he laughs at my attempt at a hug, he opens my room door and takes me over to the bed.
Helping me in, he turns on the heater at the foot of my bed.
Smiling at me one last time, he leaves my room.
Probably to go to his own and get some rest.
Poor man.
He has done so much for us.
For all of humanity, for Avah, for me.
He really is my hero, he has done so much for others, he has his own pain but he has helped so many families and being their rock and support, yet he has never asked for his own needs.
He really deserves somebody in his life, like many a nice lady.
I'm going to play cupid.
Yes yes, first thing in the morning.
If I don't die due to hang over.
Falling asleep, dreaming of little cupid babies flying around and hitting people on the ass with arrows made of some bullshit love potions.

(Scarletts shoes, she wore these with a skinny jean and a grey top for her birthday, when she got home she changed before going to her surprise party

(Scarletts shoes, she wore these with a skinny jean and a grey top for her birthday, when she got home she changed before going to her surprise party.)