*Chapter Thirteen*

A week later I'm on my way to a resort in camps bay.
Meeting up with my father to find out what lies have been spun my whole life.
Finished with packing and on my way to the resort, I call my dad.

Ring ring.ring ri-
"Hello princess. I'm almost there, about half an hour. Are you alright?."
Giggling, my voice sounding excited even to my own ears.
"Yes dad, give me about fifteen minutes. You know I'm a reckless driver. See you soon, bye."
Switching off my phone.
I push harder on the accelerator, pushing the road rules to the side a running them over.

Arriving, eaten and showered, I feel dread picking its way up my back.
I really hope this isn't bad enough news to break my heart.
I mean she was a witch, what more do I need to know?
What is so urgent that dad came all this way?

Making my way to dros restaurant, I spot dad at the back outside facing the beautiful blue green ocean.
Smiling the whole way, happy to see dad.
Hugging him has always cheered me up.
Sitting down and ordering 4 coffees, two each.
"Hi dad. You still manage to look good even with your age."
Winking, I see him grin.
I'm always making fun of his age, yet he is still in his forties.
"Darling, you know how to make me smile every time. You look good, vibrant actually. What happened?"
Double shit. Paling, I give a nervous smile and try to act innocent.
"What? No no nothing happened. I'm just really enjoying my time here. So anyways we had stuff to talk about?"
Divert the subject anytime you panick people. It works.
Giving a back sigh and a shake of his head, he looks dreadful.
"Look scar, your mother was a witch. I'll get to the point, she wasn't just any witch. She was the princess of the witches, soon to be queen. But then we met anc we fell in love. But your grandparents had other plans for her, she would have married a witch. I were only her slave, nothing more to those people.
But she wouldn't give me up and her father was about to banish me, so we ran away together.
They were searching for her for years, and recently I received a letter. I knew something was wrong right away. They have a red and black owl stample on each letter they sent. Like a trade mark and this letter had one. So I read it and now were here."
Shocked, I can only stare.
Glad to have the waitress interrupt with outlr coffee, I go over what he said.
The letter!
"What did the letter say dad? Why do I feel like this is really bad news?"
I just have this really bad feeling about this letter.
"Princess, I don't know how to say this. But they want you to come back to them and rule as their queen. There is no heir to the throne and your grandparents are retiring. They said they'll give you one week to say goodbye to your life here and join them."
Jumping up with fury, I stalk away from dad.
Why the hell can my life not for once just be happy and sunshine and Dimmitri?
No. That's not life Scar.
If they think I'll go willingly then they must be daft.
Texting dad that I'll talk later, I go to my room.

Upon arrival, I see a red rose on my bedside table.
Stalking over I see it's not just a rose, there's a letter with.

'Dear scarlett, I have missed you too much to stay away. Please meet me tonight on the beach to the west, you will see rocks.
That's the spot, yours truly, Dimmi.'
Oh my god, he's here? That means I only have a few hours to get ready.
But depression and anger is clouding my mind, maybe me and dimmi can run away?
We can go to a place fat away from them.
Buy he can't. He said he has to take position of king in two days.
He will never leave his kingdom for me.
How can I be heir to the throne for the witches?
Me? I'm no queen.
I'm just a fighting machine, I can't imagine drinking tea whilst talking about the weather with my maids for the rest of my life.
Hell no.
I'll run away alone then.

*5hours later*
I actually feel excited about seeing him.
Already finished with a knee length white dress and sandals, with my hair in a pony tail.
Ready as ever!
Walking down the steps, away from civilization I ascend the beach, to the west by the rocks.
Searching for dimmi and admiring the view of the moon shining over the ocean, I see nobody in sight.
Maybe he's late?
Sitting in the rocks, too engrossed in my own thoughts to hear the foot steps approach me.
While thinking about how pissed I am at him for being and hour late, I get shot with a burning sensation starting from my back, flowing as fast as lightning through my whole body.
Burning everywhere, my chest tightening, lungs burning liquid fire, muscle spasms, I lay on the ground crying out and swearing.
Trying to stand up but unsuccessful, the world around me goes black.
Unable to see, I freak out because I have a bag over my head.
My arms and feet being tied up with cable ties.
Screaming for somebody to hear me, the kidnapper hitting me in head and the next moment everything is slipping away,
The sounds of the ocean, the cars going by, the kidnappers breath.
And then I'm unconscious.