3) yule ball

Grace is going to a dance tonight, so we thought, WHY NOT?!

***

Ruffling the bottom of your gorgeous, royal blue dress, you gazed in the mirror at yourself, the other girls in your dormitory getting ready as well. "It's perfect!" your friend London gasped, clasping her mouth shut and looking at you with wide eyes.

"I know, right!" you exclaimed, giving the glittery dress a turn as you began to strut down the room like a model, posing every few seconds.

"You're the prettiest Triwizard Champion this year, Y/N." Isabelle admitted, brushing her thick, tangly hair out while focusing on her mirror.

You laughed to yourself and said, "That's because I'm the only girl this time, Isabelle."

"True...."

"Who are you going with?" asked Delilah, sitting on her bed and eating some candy, ready to go down.

"Jack." you snarled, as did the other girls.

"Why did you ask—" started London, but you cut her off.

"Because I had no other option." you snapped, turning back to the mirror. "I had to bring someone, I'm a champion. It's tradition. And he was the last one left basically."

"Why didn't you ask Newt?" inquired Isabelle.

"Well," you began awkwardly, pushing a strand of perfectly curled hair out of your face, "he's already asked someone."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Y/N!" whined London, running over to embrace you. "We know how you feel about him."

"Shouldn't we get moving?!" exclaimed Delilah impatiently.

"Yeah, sure." Isabelle replied, opening the door to the hallway and leading everyone to the dimly lit, Hufflepuff common room. Saying hello to a few people as you navigated through the crowd of students, you spotted Newt by the fireplace, staring into the orange flames absentmindedly.

Walking over to your friend, you sat next to him on the brown couch and smiled. "Why do you look so sad?" you asked him.

"I'm not sad." he replied quickly, his eyes darting to you, then back to the fire

"What's wrong?" you restated your question in a different way.

"I don't have a date to the ball, Y/N." he said.

"Oh." You frowned and looked to the ground. You knew he really wanted to go, but you guessed he got turned down. "Well, you could come with me?"

"But you're already taking someone—"

"Go put on your dress robes and don't question me, Newt." you snapped, giving him a look to not question you. "Now." He smiled and quickly stood up, running back to his dormitory.

Feeling a hand touch your shoulder from behind you almost immediately after, someone said, "You ready, Y/N?"

Laughing and standing up to face them, you simply said, "Jack, ha ha. We need to talk...."

***
Thanks for reading!
Please comment, vote, and tag a friend!
More imagines are to come in the future!

-Lauren and Grace

Btw: guys this is Grace, I had a amazing night at a formal dance and had my own newt figure throughout the night, dancing and talking to me. o Thanks so much for reading this, Ya'll are amazing!