Second task

A update! Sorry updates have been slow, Lauren is still on vacation and I'm still trying to get back into a routine. So this won't my best work at all, but ya'll have asked for more task updates so are we go.

You couldn't seem to figure out what the second task was going to be, London tried eavesdropping and came up with nothing. The day was fast approaching. As you were walking to care of magical creatures, everyone around you started snickering and pointing. When you walked up you accidentally heard a Ravenclaw betting with  Hufflepuff that you were going to lose. You were about to teach them a lesson when you saw your boyfriend, Newt.

''Are they bothering you, Y/N?'' Newt asked with a concerned look. ''Naw, now I just feel like i have to win,'' you had been determined for some time.  Newt wrapped his gentle arm around you and held you the entire lesson, for he already knew everything about bow truckles.  Newt walked with you to dinner  where you sat down at your house table, while he sat at hufflepuff. The task was tomorrow and the headmaster had asked Newt to his office, which meant he was probably in trouble. But for what? You thought, Newt was not a troublemaker.

You didn't see Newt all the rest of the evening and decided to go to bed. You tossed and turned all night, not able to sleep. When you woke up you saw a uniform with your house colors for the task. Underneath the tracksuit was a swimsuit, which meant the task had something to do with water You quickly put it on and ran out your common room. When you got down to breakfast, London started going off about strategies and telling you that it had something to do with water, which you already knew.

You searched the great hall for any sign of Newt, you needed his encouragement, only to find he wasn't there. You find him in the audience surely you reassured yourself. The headmasters took the champions out towards black lake, and helped you up to the platform where people behind you were screaming and cheering. The headmasters told you that the person you care most for is trapped and being held captive underwater but the mermaids. You would have ten minuets to free them and get back to the platform. Who would be your person, surely not London or any of your other friends. 

The headmasters were the ones to have to ind a solution to not being able to breathe underwater. Dumbledore gave you a bag of gilliweed and told you to swallow it, it burned your throat and made you want to be sick. You braced yourself as the timer went off and plunged into the icy waters, everything around you looked murky and undistinguished. You saw the other champions diving down so  you started to swim down, you got cut and bruised as you pulled yourself through the many plants and creatures that kept attaching themselves to you.

You got down to where you saw the captives and searched for yours. You nearly gasped horrified to see your loving, kind boyfriend, Newt chained down almost asleep. The mermaids were blocking Newt off from you and you decided to push past them. You tried everything you could to break the chains and nothing would work. You stole the trident from one of the mermaids and started t break the chain, you heard the three minute warning. You grabbed Newt and dragged him upward, two minute warning went off, you saw the surface but you felt like you were so far away. You finally used upward really hard and hit the surface.

As soon as you hit it, Newt woke up spluttering and coughing, he completely freaked out unaware of his surroundings. You spoke encouraging words as ya'll were dragged out of the water. ''Y/N, you did it, you saved me!'' Newt cried.  He wrapped you in a hug as you were shivering in your own towel.  You kissed his cheek softly and said '' Newt Scamander you are the person i care for the most.'' After all the celebration as over you fell asleep in Newt's lap.

Well I know it's short, but i really appreciate all the reads and votes this book has gotten.  

- Grace