Amortentia

Imagine that you and Newt had just broken up nastily after a while of dating)

You and your best friend were sitting front row in Slughorn's class, fighting to stay awake as the old man lectured on the importance of potions and whatnot. You didn't even hear the name of any potion in your daze, making you even more bored.

When you caught the words "– will be on your examinations," your friend fell out, her head hitting the table and catching Slughorn's attention, along with a couple boys in the back, including Newt. You looked away from him almost instantly and at another boy who was gazing at you, his dark blue eyes wandering your body up and down. You turned away quickly, blushing.

The potions professor closed his eyes in annoyance and sighed heavily. "Miss Y/L/N, have I really been boring your friend that much?" he asked in his high-pitched voice as you tried to shake her awake.

You responded, "No. Sorry, professor. I'd expect she's tired from our quidditch practice last night."

"Ah, yes I see." Slughorn said sarcastically as he turned to walk back to his cauldron, your friend beginning to snore. "It's a pity that she's asleep, I would've thought the girls would like to learn about love potion."

"Love potion?" asked your friend suddenly, snapping her head up so violently her neck cracked.

"Amortentia." said Professor Slughorn, opening the lid slightly and grinning as the sound of sniffing girls grew louder. "It's probably the most powerful potion in the world."

You agreed. The luscious scent had you on your feet, unknowingly inching closer to the front of the classroom. It felt as if you were walking on the beach, the warm sand in your toes and the sea breeze blowing through your hair. You were eating mint ice cream once you finally sat down on the sand, your perfume-doused teddy bear not far from you. A Slughorn's snapping fingers led you and the others out from the trance as he closed the cauldron.

"Powerful, as you can see." he said. "I'd hope that if any of you stumbled upon this particular potion, you'd use it wisely."

Later, you and your friends decided to go down to the Black Lake to get your minds off of the upcoming exams. Smiling, you all took off your robes and laid down in the grass, talking about life and, of course, Amortentia.

Within minutes, a group of boys in your year ran up in front of you all and made a production of shedding most of their clothes and shoving each other into the cold water. Laughing, you and your friends began to join splashing water at them. A robe suddenly came flying at your face, and once it landed, you smelled your favorite ice cream, mint. Pulling it off, you handed it back to the boy who was in front of you.

"My bad." he said as he tossed it to the side, his familiar dark blue eyes twinkling in the sun.

"It's okay." you breathed, as he took your hand and led you towards the water.

"Wanna come for a swim with us?" he asked. You looked out the corner of your eye to see Newt standing behind a tree, watching. His face was puffy and his eyes were full of anger. Smiling to yourself, you nodded and joined your friends in the water.

A/n my friend Lauren who was part of this account before she got locked out of wattpad, wrote this chapter. Credits to her! I helped a smidge. - Grace