Deep Mode 1 ~

I almost cried tears of happiness when I realized the time had been resetted again. It was mean and selfish of me to think that way but I couldn't help it. I was just so happy to get to talk to her again, to share my jokes and have someone around who understood me.

But I almost had a heart attack when I checked her status bar and saw which mode she was playing in: She had unlocked Deep Mode this time.

What in the world was the meaning of this? I had almost given up hope that she'd ever even consider coming my route. Maybe...I hadn't been so delusional after all? Maybe she would finally be mine after eleven days?

I tried to keep myself from getting too excited but it was almost impossible. The first day had so many chats and it still was over so fast. It was so liberating to finally talk to her again that I didn't pay attention to whom she was aiming to get.

However, the next day would hold a nasty surprise.

I was so excited that I couldn't help myself but to enter the chat around midnight. She was on together with Yoosung and I thought this may be a good sign. But when I tried to treat her just as I did on the last routes I suddenly was rejected completely.

And I really did try everything to just make her smile again or say "lolol" or "ur so funny Seven~" like she used to all the time.

I tried to mock Yoosung about being a game addict – she took his side going on about how it's nice to do whatever one wants. I tried to capture her attention in stating that I wished to be encouraged by my girlfriend, if I had one, and that it would be nice to get a text from her that said "Sweetie, you can do it! >~<" whenever I had too much work. Then I tried to joke around about actually having a girlfriend – my imaginary girlfriend 606 that lived in the world of binary numbers~

I wanted her to say she'd be my 606 but she apparently didn't think jokes about girlfriends were funny at all.

It almost left me crying when she said that she'd be cautious of me from now on, since Yoosung said I was dangerous.

Yoosung left soon after claiming that he needed to beat a rare boss monster and then she said something strange.

"What the hell's wrong with the options;;"

Could it be that she tried to tell me that this was just a game for her as well?

I didn't say anything explicit, only that the ones who made it may have been tired. And since I was the one who made it I could tell that I indeed had been tired when I created this chat. That's when she logged out.

I was kind of paralyzed. Laying in my bed and staring at the display of my phone, I couldn't believe that just happened.

I started calling her my imaginary girlfriend for quite a while now since she was my girlfriend in my imagination. The last four days after each reset had given me an impression of how it would feel to actually have her as my girlfriend...my 606.

That nickname had a reason as well. I had been calling her like that in my head for a while already.

606 is a simple DOS error, just like 707. My nickname, 707 is an error that means that a part or even all of the hard drive's memory can't be erased.

Error 606 means reset.

That's why I had been calling her like that since I found out about her ability to reset time. My nickname was older, I actually didn't chose it myself, it was my code name as an agent. I had started to ask myself whether it was a coincidence that I had been named like that. It must be. There was no way my boss knew about my ability to remember previous timelines.

But anyways...hadn't I hoped for an opportunity to pretend she was mine again? Apparently it would be different this time.

Was it maybe because of my selfishness in the last route? Had I truly lost her now?