707 1 ~

(WARNING: SPOILERS FOR 707'S ROUTE AHEAD)

It was almost a miracle how fast my feelings for her returned. How little it had taken to throw me back into the deep abyss of love that I had just managed to escape.

This could've lasted forever. Her positivity, her kindness and compassion, all the things I loved her for, now she was giving them all to me. To only me.

I realized I never had the slightest idea of what it actually felt like to be the one whom she had chosen. All those times I pretended it was me were nothing against this.

I realized I would do anything for her, anything to protect her, I wanted to be someone who was worth all the kindness she was giving to me.

Because the real me, that complicated, broken piece of trash I actually was, would never deserve any of her love. So I tried very hard to not show her that side of me. I wanted to be cheerful as well, I wanted to be perfect for her.

That turned out more complicated than I thought because while I usually was pretty good at my job, now the messenger got hacked several times. Even though no one pressured me intentionally I felt very bad since it was basically my fault for not making it safe enough.

I wanted her to be safe more than anything else and I fervently hoped that the person who was attacking us was not the same one I suspected it to be.

Since I already had been able to meet the alleged hacker on Jumin's route I thought it may be the same person this time. And I didn't know whether I should hope for my suspicion to be true or be afraid of that.

I really wanted to know what happened to him and how he was doing but at the same time I was afraid of what would happen if we met again. Would she be in danger?

Because I knew that he couldn't be doing that bad, it was safer for us to stay away from each other. Even though, if I would have thought a little, I could've probably guessed already that V and Rika lied to me about him, but I still desperately clanged to the promise V gave me ten years ago.

He is perfectly fine, I told myself.

Now was not the time to think of him again. I had banished him from my thoughts for a long time now since I knew it would only hurt to think about where he was and how he was doing. I couldn't meet him anyway so it was no use.

I should focus on making the messenger as safe as possible and ensure that nothing would happen to her instead.

Vanderwood was constantly nagging, he said that I was slacking off my work and that we would be in serious trouble soon if I didn't finish the project.

But right now I had more important things to care about than my own life. Her safety.

I wanted to give her something, a gift that would show her just how much I loved her and would have a practical use as well. So I decided to build a robot.

A robot that looked like a puppy and could be used as a security guard, since no human guards could be sent to her location because of the address being classified.

I used all my time on building the robot, even with Vanderwood constantly being angry and after some time even worrying about me. All I could think of was her.

When I finally finished my gift and showed a photo of it to the rest of the RFA, I was surprised how everyone cheered for me. Every single member told me how it was absolutely adorable. Even she herself said it was awesome.

Why in the world was this happening? How could this be happening? Was all of this just a dream and I would wake up any moment just to find none of it actually happened? Because to me it felt way too good to be true.

I was about to believe this was all real, but suddenly I felt a sharp pain piercing my heart.

It was all just a dream in fact. A dream that would last eleven days and then vanish. Haha....I had been so lost in thought and confused that I had forgotten who I was – what I was: A route in a game she played. A route that lasted eleven days, no more no less.

After she had achieved my ending, she would reset to be with someone else, or even uninstall for good.

That thought hurt so much I almost couldn't bear to think it through. The thought of her becoming mine and then vanishing right in front of my face without ever being able to do anything about it was simply too much.

I must never let this happen. I must never let her leave me again. Because if she left after loving me like this, I didn't know what would happen to me.

I had lost a person who had been my one and only in my life already. I would never lose another one.

But what could I do? There wasn't much since I had no control over the resets. There was no way I could force her to stay with me, wasn't it?

But what could I do? It took me a lot of restless hours during which I locked myself in my bedroom, staring at the ceiling and pondering. Vanderwood continued to bang the door every half an hour at first, yelling at me to get out and work. After a few hours he started appearing more frequently and his voice started to sound worried. He asked why I wasn't coming out, what was wrong with me.

But I couldn't answer. The only response I gave him was that he should leave, but surprisingly he didn't. I didn't bother to look for the reason, I needed to solve my own problem.

And after a whole day of indecision I realized there was only one solution. A solution that I personally hated and that would probably hurt me a lot but there was no other way to keep her from resetting: I would have to ensure that she never even reached my ending.

How do you achieve the Good Ending? In making the character you're with fall in love with you of course. You guys get together and live your happily ever after, at least if you wouldn't reset after the ending and destroy the happiness you two just gained again.

And that was exactly what I wouldn't allow to happen in my route. I wouldn't let her be with me at all. I would lock my feelings for her up and never let her come closer to me. If we didn't end up together, she wouldn't get the Good Ending, would she?

I would simply reject her in the cruelest way I could think of until she finally gave up and resetted without getting my ending. It would cost me all of my strength to do that but in the end it would hurt less than enjoying her love for eleven days only to be separated again.

My plan had a lot of other perks as well. If I was honest I still thought, it would have been better for her not to get involved with me at all. It was dangerous and I was not quite the person she thought I was. So, even if she had any kind of feelings for me, she could only have feelings for the 707 from the chatroom and not for the real me.

Luciel Saeyoung Choi.

There was absolutely no way she would ever like him since she would never even get a chance to know him.

I sighed. It was time to leave my room, get into the chat and begin with my plan. I had been way too nice to her until now.