Deep Mode 4 ~

This was impossible. Absolutely impossible. No way was she...? But why else was she acting like that?

I had prepared myself for the worst since I already experienced her aiming for Jumin once and it had been a nightmare.

But now...things were completely different. I couldn't explain her behavior... I didn't know what I should be thinking.

Could it be...that she was actually trying to get my route?

Because why else would she be treating me like this? I just made myself familiar with the thought of forgetting my feelings for her and now....this.

What in the world was her intention?

The impossible was happening. It was really happening. She was paying attention to only me this time.

She didn't flirt with Jumin the slightest. Instead, she was constantly fangirling over me. Me and the most stupid of my jokes.

I tried to stop myself from making any further attempts to get closer to her but my fingers were almost automatically typing, typing what 707, the cheerful and crazy person I was in the chatroom would say.

It is different this time, I thought. If I flirted with her too much now she was actually going to get my route. Other than the times she was being nice to me in Casual Mode, this was Deep Mode. My mode.

But I couldn't help myself. Seeing her say all these cheerful things, making me smile again and again was just so beautiful. This was something I had never imagine would happen someday.

But it was happening right now.

It was the fourth day. The last day of Deep Mode and I knew she was going to get my route at midnight. She had collected so many of my likability points that there was no chance she would get another one.

But what exactly did that mean?

Why did she even bother to do this? Did she honestly reset for me this time? For me and only me? Could it be...that she liked me after all and wanted to make me happy as well, just like everyone else?

For one second, one beautiful, perfect second I believed she could like me back. And then realization hit me.

Haha...that was just hilarious. Why hadn't I thought of this earlier? Of course she needed to do my route. Since to her, the story wouldn't be complete without it.

She was probably sitting somewhere and staring at her phone this instant, thinking "Ugh...why do I have to do this dude's route...can't I just look up the story somewhere? I don't want to do this!"

Once again I wished I could talk to her about these things. Tell her, that she didn't need my route, that she wasn't missing anything. That she should just go back to someone she really wanted to be with.

But I couldn't tell her. She had no clue that I remembered previous timelines, or at least I tried to keep it that way. It could be possible that I unintentionally spilled the truth somewhere.

But what should I do now? Should I just...accept it? Let her love me like she loved everyone else?

Doing something else was impossible at this moment anyway. I just wished for this to be over soon. And for no drama to occur. I didn't want her to get in danger because of my route.

And I fervently hoped that I would be able to keep up my role as the cheerful 707 throughout the route. I was sure that she wouldn't be interested in uncovering my other, complicated, sides, but only wished, if at all, for a sweet romance with the God Seven she was constantly flirting with all the time.

When it turned midnight I kept my eyes closed, not daring to look at the progress bar.

After a few moments I finally opened them and was still overthrown by the view of my face on it.

It had started.