Chapter 5

Hey guys! Sorry for not writing anything for a month, lack of motivation and depression have consumed me but alas! I have returned, now onwards with the show. Enjoy!

*****

"...So lemme get this right. Rafe Adler is here. Right now. For the same cross we're gonna steal." Rian whispered into her earpiece. "Rafe fricking Adler. The same moron who blew a shit ton of money searching the same area, for 6 months trying to find the treasure. The same moron who almost blew me up in the process."

"The one and only darlin'. Oh and Rian? No shoving a fish down his pants." Sully replied casually wandering round the room, his eyes searching for the first sign of trouble.

"..Shoving a fish down his pants? Rian?" Sam scolded. "Shoving a fish down a mans pants is not a pleasant feeling, no matter who the man is."

"Sam why do you say that like you've experienced having a fish in your pants?" Questioned Nate over the staticky line.

"... No comment." Sam replied quickly before scurrying off towards the podium where the cross sat on display.

Rian shook her head before getting into position. "Alright children, how about we get this show on the road already? I'm pretty sure people are starting to think I'm acting suspicious."

The next few minutes consisted of frustrated mutters over the comm line from Nathan, and endless banter between Sam and Sully. Rian sighed as just as a small aha came over the line from Nate and the lights went out, sending the occupants of the hall into distress.

"Go time people, Nate get the rendezvous point. Victor, your our get away driver. Rian... Stay outta trouble." Sam said hurriedly as he grabbed the cross and legged it to safety.

"What do you me... Never get into trouble!" Rian's voice breaking up over the comm line. "If I wanna get in... Get in trouble."

"Yeah Rian you're breaking up, only got part of what you just said." Sullivan said, barely heard over the gunshots now occupying the ballroom.

A faint shit echoed through the boys' earpieces are they all ran out to the car where Sully was waiting. Rian no where in sight.

"Rian? Where the hell are you? We're all at the car with goons shooting at us!" Sam yelled hysterically. "Come on red."

"Get the roof open, I'm coming in from the top!" The out of breath female shouted into her earpiece as she came barrelling round the corner to the car before jumping up onto a table and leapt over three burly men with machine guns. "Lemme in assholes!"

***small time skip to the hotel room***

Once in the hotel room everything had settled down. The cross was now in their possession, and they were one step closer to the treasure of Captain Henry Avery.

Rian was stood out on the balcony of the dingy hotel room, a glass of whiskey in hand. She could hear the chatter coming from the softly illuminated room behind her, and Sam say he hopes he doesn't go to hell for this, followed by the sound of wood splintering.

It's empty. Rian heard, followed by oh you asshole. Sam was teasing Nate again, just like the good old days where Sam didn't have a price on his head and they never got into this mess.

Swirling the last of her drink round the glass, Rian got lost in the liquid gold. After 15 years of believing him to be dead, shouldn't I be happy he's alive? Shouldn't I be in there with them? Instead of wallowing in my sorrows out here?

"Rian, you okay?" Sam said softly as he rested his hand on her lower back, drawing her from her thoughts. "You've been out here awhile, staring into your glass like something is eating away at you. What's wrong?"

"It's just... I don't know, just everything that's happened this past few days is just catching up to me. I get a call from Sully who said he got a call from Nate saying something about one last time and then I fly out here to Italy, and infiltrate a black market auction full of rich brats and possibly criminals..." She sighed, raking her fingers through her unruly red curls. "..and then you. I saw your face and everything I felt 15 years ago came rushing back and slapped me in the face."

Sam sighed and took Rians hand, turning her slowly so she was facing him. "Adrienne West. You are my best friend, the love of my life, the first thought when I wake up and the last thought before I go to sleep. The only thing that kept me sane while I was locked away..." He breathed. "I had the knowledge that you had escaped to safety, and the only thing I wanted to do was to get to you, to hold you close to me and to tell you over and over how much I love you. And I know it's a lot to take in but.. I'm here for when you need me."

And with that turned and left, leaving Rian glued to the spot in shock at his words. A small tear sliding it's way down her rosy pink cheek, glistening in the moonlight. She never knew just how he felt, just always put her feelings above his.

Rushing out of the hotel room she shared with Nate, she ran down the hall to Sam's room before hammering on the door. She could hear his movements on the other side of the door before the lock clicked and the door swung open to reveal a disheveled, confused Sam.

"Rian, what's up?" He asked looking down on his short friend, a warm smile lighting up his face and Rian couldn't resist herself and pulled the man down into a passionate kiss, all her worries and emotions pouring into it.

Pulling away gasping for breath, their foreheads touching as they got lost in each other's eyes, small smiles dancing around their pink lips. The only noise in the empty hallway was Nate's cheers as his head was peeking out of his and Rians shared room door.

The two turned to look in his direction before he yelled something about leaving fresh clothes outside the room for Rian the next morning before he retreated laughing.

"One day I'm going to murder that man..." Rian whispered shaking her head before turning her attention back to Sam. "So... It's obvious I'm not getting back in there. Any chance I could borrow a shirt?"

"Yeah sure, I was gonna hop in the shower but you can go first, you look like you need it." Sam said pulling her into the room, pushing the door shut with his foot.

"Or you could maybe join me?" Rian whispered, standing up on her toes to press a light kiss to the corner of Sam's eye. "It'll be just like old times."

"Hmm... I will have to take you up on that" Sam whispers huskily before guiding Rian to the bathroom. It's gonna be one hell of a night.

*****

*wiggles eyebrows* hehe a girl can dream. I hope you guys enjoyed! And I hope I can get another chapter out before Christmas but if not HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS FOLKS! Or whatever holiday you celebrate... Or just have a great time all together :)