Chapter 16

Uchiha Sasuke vs. Yoroi Akado

"Will everyone but Uchiha Sasuke and Yoroi Akado, please choose to go up to a *cough* balcony?" Everyone walked towards the stairs. Sand and Leaf on one balcony, rock, rain, mist, waterfall, on the other balcony. "Alright*cough* Any objections from the two percipient?" Both Sasuke and Akado should their heads. "Very well. Let the first match... Begin!" Hayate waved his hand down and took a few steps back.

The two immediately started battling. Sasuke sent a few punches towards the half-masked man, but his fists we caught. He squirmed to be free, but couldn't move. Sasuke immediately felt extremely weak and fell to the ground. "Yes, that's right..." Sasuke looked up at his opponent bewildered. He had pretty much read his mind and answered his question! "I steal your strength..." Sasuke slowly got up, but the second problem was, the curse mark on his neck. It was spreading throughout his body like a plague. Sasuke did his best to hold it off, but couldn't very well while being threatened.

Sasuke struggled under the unsuspecting Akado and kicked him into the air. Sasuke could hear gasps from team nine, as well as his own. The reason? Sasuke had copied Lee's move with his Sharingan. While he jumped into the air, he decided it would be the best time to wear off the curse mark. He focused on retreating the curse mark. When it was gone, he kicked his opponent in the stomach. In which, sent Akado slamming into the ground. "Lion's barrage!" Hayate went to see if Akado was still alive. He checked his pulse, there was none. Akado was dead. The medics came and put Akado on the bed and left Sasuke and the rest of the participants in the arena.

"Uchiha Sasuke is the winner!"

Gaara smirked from above, his prey still showed little strength. Team 7 erupted in cheers for Sasuke as he walked up the stairs. "Sasuke," Karachi said dryly. "We need to seal that curse mark of yours." Sasuke nodded and walked off with Kakashi, leaving a clone.

"So, Kakashi-sensei, who do you think will be battling next?"

Kakashi looked and Naruto and sighed. " You know I don't have the answer the that, Naruto."

Kakashi turned his gaze to the board and watched it go through its gibberish. Finally, names were picked. Abumi Zaku vs. Aburame Shino.

"May Zaku and Shino step down?"

Zaku smirked and jumped down from the balcony, while Shino just walked down the stairs. "You might want to back down, bug-boy!"

Shino just rolled his eyes behind his glasses. "No, you'll be the one regretting not backing down." Zaku just smirked.

Hayate just looked between the two. "So no *cough* objections?" Both just stood still. "Begin!" Hayate backed up.

Shino immediately sent bugs into the ground to lore Zaku into a trap. "You're a long-range fighter aren't you?" asked Zaku, however it wasn't much of a question. More of a statement.

"What's it to you?" Zaku smirked and released his arm from its sling.

Sakura gasped from the crowd. "It wasn't really broken!"

"That's right little pinkette." Zaku stretched his arm out towards Shino, but he didn't fear. "Back down or else."

Shino just stood there. Unworried. "No. You see, you're down for. There is an army of bugs behind you, and there is me in front..."

"You think a bunch of bugs will stop me? Ha, you're so stupid!"

Naruto

Naruto looked down watching the battle.

"You think a bunch of bugs will stop me? Ha! you're so stupid!" Naruto just stood there watching.

"Man I  feel sorry for Shino. That guy's pretty strong," murmured Naruto, still watching the fight.

"Hah! Nah Shino's got this. Out of anyone here, the one person I wouldn't dare fighting is that guy..."

Naruto looked at Kiba bewildered. "Really?" Kiba nodded and continued watching the fight.

Zaku had both of his arms facing Shino, and Shino's army of parasitic chakra eating bugs. "How about this then!" Zaku started sending out his attack, but not a thing happened. After a minute, Zaku's arms were getting fatter and fatter by the second until...

*BANG!*

Zaku started screaming in agony as his arms were blown off. Then he fainted, and the medics picked him up.

"Aburame Shino is the winner."

Naruto looked in shock at Shino. "What the hell happened!"

This time Neji spoke up. "He put bugs in his air tubes. Chakra going out, vs the chakra getting pushed back by the bugs equal exploding arms... Just what is that guy?" Neji activated his byakugan and looked at Shino as he walked by and just stared in horror.

"What is it, Neji," Gai spoke up.

"H-his entire body is infested with bugs..."

"Bugs?" Naruto gaped in disgust. Neji nodded and walked away.

"Will the next two *cough* contestants come down," Hayate spoke between coughs once more. Naruto looked at the board. 

Kankuro and  Misumi Tsurugi jumped down, both excited for the battle. Both stood in front of Hayate for permission to begin. Hayate looked at both and waved his hand towards the ground, signaling for them to start. Kankuro skidded back and started to control and with chakra strings. Mitsumi just shrugged and dodged the attacks of poisoned sebons thrown at him from the puppet. Mitsumi kept dodging, making his way closer to the puppet so he could destroy the puppet.

Naruto watched the puppet was destroyed, knowing that it would be a problem for Kankuro, but Naruto didn't really care. After all, his team had almost killed Sakura and Sasuke. Suddenly Mitsumi threw a kunai straight for Kankuro's neck. Kankuro didn't move and just stood there as the kunai and Misumi drew closer. The kunai hit Kankuro's neck, but it didn't bleed. Kankuro just walked forward and grabbed the stunned Mitsumi.

"W-what are y-you," stuttered out Misumi.

Kankuro smirked as the wrap behind him unraveled. Revealing the real Kankuro. "A puppet master." Kankuro took off the head and the legs and arms of with chakra and threw Misumi into the puppet. "Good game, loser." The appendages unfolded to reveal sharp knives built into the puppet, poison dripping off them. Everyone but the sand and sound teams gasped as the knives threw themselves into the puppet, stabbing Kankuro's opponent to death with a bloody scream.

Hayate looked at Kankuro disgusted "Kankuro no Subaku is the winner...".