chapter 18

Minato lay on the couch looking through the bingo book, making a list of possible people who'd target him or his son if they found that he was alive. He worried about Naruto. Minato knew that he'd pass the chunin exams, but something was nagging Minato. Like something bad would soon be happening... but what?

In the chunin exam arena

"Will Subaku no Gaara and Rock Lee step down?"

"Yea!"

Gai just looked at Lee. "I thought you said you didn't want to battle this round, Lee."
"Actually, I wanted to fight, but the board doesn't want me too, so if I said I didn't, the board would pick me!"
"Such a Youthful trick, Lee!" shouted Gai as he hugged his student. Then Lee jumped down and Gaara followed.

"Begin."

Gaara just stood there as Lee dashed behind him. Lee punched Gaara. However, he didn't meet flesh, his fist met a sand wall. Gaara's ultimate defense. "It's worthless. I'll dispose of you right now."
Lee's eyes widened, but then looked to Gai-sensei. He nodded. Lee vanished, only to reappear on top of the hand sign statue. Lee bent down and clipped the weights off.

Temari smirked. "What is taking off puny weights gonna do?"
"They're probably just for show. I bet they don't weigh a lot."

Lee dropped the weights. Two huge piles of dust rose up to the ceiling as the 'CRASH' sounded. When the just cleared, the weights were at least ten feet into the ground. Everyone but Neji and Gai gaped, while Tenten would've smirked, but she wasn't there.

"H-how heavy were those weights..." Temari was bewildered.

"One ton," responded Gai casually, before ranting on about 'youth'.

"You're speed will do nothing to help you."

Lee appeared behind Gaara in a green blur. Sakura didn't even see him move. Then, Lee punched Gaara. Gaara didn't move until he fell to the ground from the punch. 'What the hell happened, mother.' thought Gaara as he spoke to his demon who he called 'mother'.

The Gaara's siblings and Baki stared down at Gaara. He was bad. Really bad. Not only that, but he was angry. He wanted revenge. "D-did..." Temari trailed off as Gaara stood up.

"No way!" Kankuro leaned into the rails. 

 Baki nodded. "That boy actually managed it hit Gaara."

Kankuro and Temari couldn't believe their ears. Yes, they had seen it. Yes, they had agreed that Lee had hit Gaara. Hearing out, however, confirming it,  was a whole different story.

Lee slid under Gaara, whose sand armor was falling off, and kicked him into the air. "Konoha Leave Hurricane!"

A minute later, as Lee kicked Gaara to the ground, Gaara made a pile of sand to aid him from being injured any more than he was. Physically that was. Emotionally, Gaara was insane. Lee would have been shocked if not for the fact that this was the second time that someone had countered his attack.

"Gate of opening... Open!"

Kakashi's eyes widened. "Gai... did you seriously teach him that?"

"I sure did my eternal rival! And we're tired on that bet of ours."

Kakashi rose his eyebrow. "How do you know that. Two of my students have won, while two of your students have lost."

"Lost?" Gai started laughing. "Lee and Neji won't lose," Gai continued. He soon realized Kakashi's face was serious though.