Chapter 31

Omgosh. I got on this and saw 81 notifications, a bunch of those were comments... Thank you, @naruhinalover4ever!

Haku had traveled the shinobi world for years and years, killing people, and obeying Zabuza's order. He once told someone he'd in a forest, that they could only be truly strong if they had a precious person... A person to protect... He knew very well, that Naruto, and Sasuke, they had precious people, for they were truly strong. Stronger than him, who had a kekkai genkai. 

Minato

Minato had felt like something had been off ever since he'd gotten his mission to go to the lightning country. 

His mission was to try and make a peace treaty with them. He sighed, not understanding why he was chosen to do this. The mist, cloud, and rock, all feared the yellow flash greatly. Shaking his head, he let his mind wander to other things, such as Naruto. He has a slight feeling that what was bothering him, involved Naruto, but he wasn't sure how. Nothing on the bridge could have hurt Naruto... Unless... 

He tried to shake his thoughts away and focusing on finishing his mission, it was almost done anyway... Then he should see. 

Kakashi

Both Zabuza and Kakashi were panting heavily, as the battle continued. Zabuza had used water justu, the mist's secret village justu, and the skills he had learned together with the beheading sword, and yet... Kakashi was still standing.

"I'll give you this, Kakashi," his voice was rasp; probably from thirst, but clear. "For you to stand against me for so long... Your ANBU titles, you certainly live up to them, cold. Blooded. Kakashi, captain of the ANBU."

Kakashi didn't speak, and his thoughts were racing on ways to defeat him. Then, he also thought of how Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura were faring with their tasks, Minato-sensei with his mission. 

Suddenly, a demonic charka, an aura, filled the area. No... It wasn't just one... It was two. His eyes widened. Something was happening over where Naruto and Sasuke were. 

In an attempt to rush over towards them, Kakashi channeled chakra into his feet, making him faster. However, Zabuza rushed in front of him. He wasn't fast enough, and so he threw his sword in Kakashi's path. 

"I'm your opponent, Kakashi," Zabuza said, menace in his voice, and his eyes as cold as a frozen sea. "In all reality, however... Haku is actually stronger than me. Your students made the wrong choice to fight him, instead." 

Kakashi, who had halted, was now staring wide-eyed at Zabuza and gritted his teeth, hard. "Then, I'll just have to finish this quickly..." Forming the seals for summoning his dogs. Kakashi had felt a strong demonic aura nearby. He summoned his 'pets' and they latched onto Zabuza, while they were still in the mist. 

I'll have to finish this quickly or something is going to happen to Naruto...

"Kakashi... Are you really so weak that you have to use summons?" Zabuza continued his taunting, struggling to render free. 

Kakashi then formed another few hand seals and looked up at him. "All the justu you've seen me use are copied... But, here's something unique." 

Extending his hand, Kakashi channeled chakra into it, and lightning poured out in small bolts and made a sound of a million birds. Kakashi rushed forward, aiming for Zabuza's heart. "Chidori!" 

Kakashi's hand was extended, and suddenly, a hand grabbed his arm, causing him to halt, and stop less than a centimeter from Zabuza's chest. 

"Haku is gone," spoke the cold voice. It was slightly hoarse but still recognizable. Sasuke.

Kakashi's Chidori faded, and the mist was clearing. "Sasuke, where is Naruto?" 

Sasuke looked behind him, frantically. "He needs help, as soon as possible." 

Kakashi and Sasuke sprinted towards Naruto, while Zabuza to Haku.

"Sasuke, what happened?" Kakashi's voice was firm, but worry and dread could be detected in his voice, but faintly.

"I-I um... I don't really know... It just uh... happened all so fast..." Kakashi picked up on Sasuke's nervousness immediately, due to the studdering.

"Sasuke, just tell me," Kakashi was almost pleading with the boy.

He was kneeling beside Naruto on the bridge, and he noticed that Gato's men were beginning to approach, like a small military.

"Sasuke, just... Tell me, for Naruto's sake," spoke Kakashi, coolly.

Suddenly,  a yellow flash appeared beside Naruto. Everyone in the area who knew about the Yellow Flash knew exactly who it was.

"M-Minato-sama," studdered Sakura, knowing he wouldn't be happy that his son was injured.

"What happened?" He looked right at Sasuke.

Omake

Naruto bolted upright. It was Christmas morning. Sakura, Minato, Kakashi, and Naruto had spent the night at Sasuke's clan compound. They had cut and set up a tree and then decorated last night. Sakura had placed other decorations around the room.

Kakashi had done nothing, except for being lazy.

Sasuke had done some cooking, Minato had fetched the tree.

As for Naruto...

'Bang!'

"Naruto!"

Naruto burst out in a laughing fit and began to roll on the floor, tears forming at the corners of his eyes.

"This is not Halloween, you're not supposed to pull pranks on Christmas!"

Minato yelled, looking dizzy. Sakura followed behind slowly, red and green glittery powder all over her.

Kakashi has his book glued to his hand, and well, as for Sasuke... Naruto had given him a buzz-cut.

"You're gonna get it for this, done," said Sasuke. "You ruined my hair!"

Naruto just continued laughing. "B-but you look s-so much," Naruto had to take slow deep breathes, he was running out of the air, and couldn't breathe. He was crying, he found his pranks so funny. That, however, still didn't help his laughing fit. "You look so much b-better like that, Teme!"

Sasuke's face was red with anger, and the others had started giggling as well, glad that Naruto had spared them the torture Sasuke received.

"You're hair, it looked like a Duck-butt, Sasuke," Naruto said and continued his laughing fits.

"Alright, alright... Who wants presents?"

"Me!" was 3 voices in unison. Along with one grumble from Sasuke, complaining about the evil orange laughing blob before him. He swore, he would cut him up, and turn him into waffles someday... Just hopefully, they wouldn't be neon orange waffles, due to Naruto's clothing.