Chapter 46

Naruto sat up groggily, confused on why he was in a dark room. He felt around searching for a lamp on the nightstand and switched on the light. A glass of water and a migraine pill sat next to it. Plopping the pill in his mouth, and drinking a sip of water, Naruto got up. Looking at his black clothing, Naruto saw dirt and a few small tears in them. Naruto coughed into his arm and looked for an exit.

When he finally found one in the dark building, he stepped out into a forest. Naruto cursed, not knowing where he was. Making clones, the Naruto's activated their rinnegan, they split up in the search for the village.

Within the hour, He finally found it and rushed as fast as he could, feeling a massive amount of chakra. Naruto furrowed his eyebrow and sped up the pace. Memories flood his mind of Sasuke and an evil aura around him, which made Naruto shudder. Something was wrong with him. Searching all over the village or the chakra, Naruto was met face to face with Gaara, who was busy tormenting Sakura and team ten. Naruto bit his lip and dashed forward, energy filling his body. "You jerk! Your village is such a traitorous ally!"Naruto clenched his fist and then formed a Rasengan in his hand.

Naruto thrust the Rasengan into Gaara's sand shield. The Rasengan acted a drill and burrowed through Gaara's shield before evaporating into fading strings of light. Naruto chuckled, and then started pounding Gaara's face repeatedly, and then pulling his hair with the little room that he had in the enclosed shield that still Gaara hadn't released.

Screaming, Gaara pulled Naruto's long spikey hair, and flipped Naruto beneath him and formed a sand dagger in his hand. Screaming, Gaara plunged is down towards Naruto, who was holding onto Gaara's wrist trying to keep it from digging into his heart.

Quickly pulling a kunai out of his pouch, the dagger got closer to Naruto's heart. Naruto groaned, and met his steal Dagger with Gaara's sand. Gaara glared at him, and willed himself to get closer to Naruto's chest, almost touching it. Naruto rolled to the side, getting Gaara off of him, and the sand shield fell down. Rushing away, Naruto panted and wiped the sweat off his brow from the heated space of the sand dome. Gaara groaned, before sitting on the ground and glaring at Naruto.

Closing his eyes, his head drooped to the side, and Naruto's eyes furrowed. "You can't be serious... This is a fight, between you," Naruto pointed to Gaara, "and me!" Naruto then pointed at himself. "Don't you dare sleep!"

Gaara didn't answer, and instead, the ground below him turned sandy and started moving. It slowly lifted him up and formed a giant... Raccoon?

Gaara lay slumped on the bridge of the giant raccoon's nose. Naruto bit his lip as the raccoon hollered. "Yeeeeehhh! I'm finally free after so long! WHY THIS FEELS GREEEEEEEEAAAAT!"

Naruto held his hands over his ears. "You're too loud, you overgrown sand monster," Naruto retorted not bothering to call him a raccoon. 

"What did you say punk?" hissed Shukaku. Reaching down to pick up Naruto, he smiled. "I'm gonna squeeze you into a pile of guts!"

Naruto just rolled his eyes and scrambled away from the giant hand. Or was it a paw? It was a raccoon after all. Naruto just shrugged it off and continued dodging. Then, he drew two kunai ran behind the beast and stabbed into the sandy back. 

"Ow!"

Naruto continued climbing, stabbing into the raccoon each time. Shukaku tried many times trying to bat Naruto off him. After all, he was as small as a giant flea to the thing.

Finally, when he reached the head, he grabbed Gaara's hair and punched his jaw. Jolting awake, Gaara held his face, and the sand began to dissipate.

Naruto's eyes widened and jumped off the falling sand. "I can't believe you do all these crazy things... You're a freak you know."

Gaara's eyes hardened. He looked away and his heart twinged. "That's often said to me."

Naruto picked up a ball of sand, and through it at Gaara. The sand wall blocked it. "I wasn't finished, baka." Gaara glanced at him, confused. "You may be a freak, but so am I. We're the same, in a way."

Gaara's eyes widened. He knew he was a jinchuriki like him, but shouldn't they still hate each other? "W-why do you even care?"

Naruto just shook his head. "Because we need to stand up for one another."