Chapter 27

A week had passed, and Naruto still hadn't learned the Rasengan. He got up from the mattress he was laying on and sighed, and grabbed some clothes to change into. His black muscle shirt, and black and orange ANBU shinobi pants. Looking at the date and the time, his eyes widened, and he rushed downstairs. Inari and his mother were happily eating breakfast when he rushed into the room looking almost frightened. 

"Oh, good morning Naruto," Tsunami said with a smile. Inari just ignored him and continued to eat his sunny sides up eggs. "What would you like to eat dear?"

Naruto just looked around the room, eyes darting. "Whatever is quick," he said rushing back upstairs.

 He grabbed his weapon pouch and checked everything in it. Ninja wire, check. Kunai, shuriken, ration pills, check. Random bandages, check. strapped the pack onto his leg, and tied his forehead protector around his neck and started to rush out the door, when something caught the edge of his eye. He swiftly snatched it from the wall and sprinted down the stairs back to the kitchen. 

Tsunami had a plate with two crisp waffles on it. On top of the waffles, was strawberries, maple syrup, ice cream, and whipped cream. On another plate were two mini sausages, an egg, and a piece of toast. He sat down and grabbed a fork, quickly eating the waffles, strawberries, and ice cream. 

Tsunami looked at him strangely and handed him a glass of milk. Chugging it down he wiped his face with his sleeve and ate the egg and the toast. Stabbing the sausages with his fork, he dipped them in the remainder of the syrup, and at those too. 

"Naruto, slow down..." 

"You can't beat Gato, so why you even trying?" Inari rolled his eyes and continued to slowly gnaw on a piece of toast. 

"You little!" Naruto stood, up, but stopped. "You know what," he said, straightening. "You're not the only one who has had a tough life, brat!" Naruto stacked the dishes and put them in the sink. Walking back, he placed his hands on his hips and continued talking. Tsunami listened, not bothering to interrupt. "I grew up with as an orphan, being thrown around, called a demon, and monster for something I had no control over!" 

Inari's eyes widened slightly, and sucked in a quick breath, before rolling his eyes and folding his arms. Naruto Continued. 

"I was thrown out of the orphanage, lied to, beaten, and tortured. So you think you've had the worst by losing one family member and being poor? I've been poor my entire life!"Naruto picked Inari up by the collar of his shirt and held him in the air. 

"Naruto-san, please put him down," Tsunami chuckled nervously, trying not to upset him anymore. 

Naruto glanced at her, before deflating. "I'm sorry, please forgive me," he said sighing. "Anyway I gotta go, I feel like something's messed up," he said starting to walk away. "He held out the weapon he grabbed from the wall roughly ten minutes ago and stopped to look back at Tsunami and Inari, who was picking at his food. "Is it okay if I borrow this?" he asked, hastily, eagerness in his voice. 

Tsunami nodded quickly, and he shushined off in front of this house. Sprinting, he jumped onto the branch of a tree, and leaped from branch to branch, tree to tree. 

Meanwhile; Kakashi

Kakashi, Minato, Sasuke, and Sakura watched Tazuna build the bridge and occasionally helped out in lifting. They didn't mind the work at all, and Kakashi knew that it would help him out some more, considering he hadn't done any real missions or battles in a while. 

"Tazuna," a relatively young man with messy short brown hair spoke. "I'm gonna quit because even with these ninjas helping us, they can't take on an army of Gato's samurai, or hired rouge ninja." 

"You can't!" Tazuna attempted to persuade him, but to no avail, as he had left a minute later. 

"We can help," offered Minato. He got up, taking a hammer, nails, and wood, to start construction. 

Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke followed his example and helped Tazuna with whatever needed to be done. 

After roughly an hour of hammering, lifting, placing, sawing, and so on, Kakashi wiped his face, and heard his student's stomach's growl, he smiled at their hard work. "Take a break, you deserve it," Kakashi said. He then took at large sip of water from a water bottle, and felt the cold, refreshing water trickle into his mouth and down his throat. Tazuna had handed them water bottles before they came, in case they got thirsty. 

Minato, who was still working, glanced at Kakashi and the members of team seven. Naruto still wasn't there. He knew that he was probably up by now, but for him to be away still... 

Naruto

Branches and leaves brushed the sides of Naruto's arms and legs, catching on his clothes every now and then. Looking down at the ground, he noticed a scratched up boar, lying down on the ground. It was bleeding heavily, and he frowned.

Poor thing... Something's up.

Naruto searched the area, noting markings on trees, cut by blades. Or rather,  a sword. Jumping down to the ground, he examined the slashes on the trees, and for the most part, they were all in equal size. However, he had noticed on which sides of the trees they were marked. Western. Meaning the people who attacked the boar, was heading towards Inari's home. It was definitely a threat, as none of the common folk had enough yen or ryo to buy any sort of weapon other than probably a cheap kitchen knife. Possibly not even that. 

Naruto began sprinting back to Inari's house, faster than ever. Unlocking his rinnegan, he sprinted as fast as he could.

Rushing out of the forest, Naruto saw two men with swords in hand, bandanas around their head, or neck.

They both wore a standard shinobi shirt, without any symbols, but one had a brown jacket of it.

Into rushed out of the building, but stopped as soon as he was the two men.

They chuckled, faces smug. Naruto's face, determined, and smug, twisted as he watched them draw closer to Inari, swords pointed.

Extending his hands, Naruto took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "Bansho ten'in."

Naruto's voice was clear and could be heard by the two men and Inari, roughly 50 feet ahead of him. Any farther, however, it was a hushed whisper of wind, nature.

The two men shouted in protest and resistant as they were pulled towards him, quickly. He extended the other hand, and then spoke; "Shira Tensai..." Naruto lifted his hand upwards, and the men followed it.

He dropped his hand, slamming them into the concrete, but not hard enough to kill them.

Lifting his hand one more time, he started walking forward, and the men looked up in fear.

"P-please...Don't just us..."

Naruto's eyebrow arched in curiosity. "Spare you the pain? I don't kill... However, I don't tolerate people trying to hurt the ones I love or care for," he said, using Universal pull again, drawing them to his hands.

Their throats made contact with his palm, and he squeezed slightly, lifting them above his head.

Tsunami, who had just seen Naruto lift the men above him, rushed out and hugged Inari.

"Hey, hey, maybe we should bring her to the boss..." Naruto squeezed them both tighter and pushed them away forcefully enough to knock them out against the house.

Naruto walked up to Inari and realized that Tsunami was crying harder than Into Inari himself. He chuckled and removed the chakra from his eyes. The rinnegan disappeared. He walked to the side of the house, in order to acquire some rope in order to tie them up.

It was cool and slightly dark from the shadows of the house, but he found some rope on a barrel.  Grabbing it he slowly walked back to them and tied their feet, and hands together.

Grabbing their swords, he tucked them into his belt like the other.

"If they wake up... knock 'em with a frying pan."

Inari looked up and giggled. "Arigato, Naruto-san," Tsunami said, holding Inari, who was trying to wiggle free.

"No problem,"  he said as he rushed off back into the forest, a shortcut to the bridge.