Chapter 9 - Well There's No Escaping Now.

Laurel's POV

"Mum..?" I said, close to tears.

All she did was shake her head, letting the tears fall down her face.

"Mother? What… What's going on?" I yelled, panicking.

Derek said something about my mother owing him some money.. Why couldn't she have come to me for some money? She's my mum, I wouldn't mind giving her some money.. Oh dear.

No one answered me. As for Derek, all he would do is smirk and nod lightly at me.

"What the fuck is going on?" I yelled again, turning to Thayer and Harry.

I looked at Thayer, and he just shook his head. I looked at Harry, and all he did was stare at me. Like what's up with these people and staring?

"You," I said, walking towards Harry, "Wanna tell me what's going on?" I told him, staring into those green eyes.

Before he could answer me, "You see, Laurel, you will do the work. There is no saying 'No' to me. Got it? Good." Derek said.

"No." I said. Right in his face.

"What did you say?" Derek asked.

"No." I said, raising my eyebrow, smirking, and crossing my arms.

All he did was shake his head.. And do that weird evil smile thing.

He whispered something to Harry, and Harry nodded in reply and walked out the door. Where was he going?

Nobody would dare to speak. And since I was not going to get any answers, why waste my breath? 

A minute or two later, Harry came in with a briefcase in his hand. Wonder what's that for.

He set the briefcase on Derek's table, opened it, and -woah- the only thing in there was knives, small guns, and all of those kinds of things.

He took a knife out and walked towards Derek, who was now behind my mother.. Wait- what the fuck am I doing here, just watching?

"Don't you hurt my mum!" I yelled at him. I tried running towards my mum, but was held back by two strong arms. I quickly glanced behind me. Thayer and Tyler.

"Good." Derek said to Harry.

"Don't hurt her, please!" I yelled.

Derek held the knife to her neck, and did a Let-Me-Think-About-It kinda look.

I tried to get out of the boys' grip, but they were to strong.

"Thayer, let go! My hands are hurting me." I whispered, still letting the tears stream down my face.

He did not even move a single muscle.

Fine, I thought to myself.

"Tylerrr." I asked Tyler in the most polite way I could, seeing the state I'm in, and gave him a mild puppy dog face.

All he did was nod and wink at me.. Sigh.

Well, the only outcome in that it Thayer tensed up a bit. Now I know how to.. piss him off?

"Well, since you said please.. I won't hurt her.. to death anyway." He said, moving the knife from beside her neck to her wrists. (The guards were still holding her.)

"Well, this is for the first time you said no to me." He said, cutting her right wrist. 

All mum would do is shut her eyes, not daring to move.

"Please.. don't." I said, softly, trying not to bawl my eyes out.

"And this is for the second time." He said, cutting her left wrist now.