Euphie's Profile

EUPHIE

They say, I look like a boy. Talk like one, act like one. Dati hindi ko sila pinaniniwalaan dahil may self-esteem naman ako no? Kaso when I looked into the mirror, na-realize ko, ay oo nga ang gusgusin ko pala, daig ko pa ang kalabaw na nagbabad sa putik eh.. hahaha.. ewan. Well, I could have made a move from that time on, but I was too lazy and it's not the only problem, because I don't want to either. I felt like I was contented with myself, and people always say that you should "be yourself" and that's what I'm doing. But is it enough to just accept yourself or should a change be made?

Those are the questions circling around my head in my 24 years of existence. Oh yes, I'm 24 years old and I've been living here in the States since I was 16. The day when I first came here was very special to me, for my family got together again for the past 6 years since my papa started working abroad. I love my papa very much, so much that I didn't want him to leave, but in life, you've got to sacrifice things for the better.

"Don't worry my dear Euphie, when the time comes that you, mama, Robb, and papa are together again, we're gonna build our own castle, even bigger than Disneyland, and we're gonna live there. I promise."

That's what my papa said before he left for a flight to the States and since then, I always held onto his promise.. not that I wanted to have a castle bigger than Disneyland, but the thought of being together again with him was the one that kept me going..

Then, I felt that the promise he made was slowly coming true when I learned that our papers for our residence on the States were being arranged by papa. Sino bang mag-aakalang makakapunta at makakatira kami dito? Maski ako hindi makapaniwala eh. But we did, at nakakatuwa dahil it was more than I what I expected it to be.

Hahahaha, I can still remember when we first landed here, it was really funny because I can see that people are eyeing at me.. simply because mukha akong suman na bilu-bilo't kutsinta sa itsura ko! Pagpatung-patungin ba naman ang sando, sweater, cardigan, dalawang jacket, at isa parang pambumbero sa laking jacket sa katawan ko eh! Sino ba namang hindi magugulat? And with matching scarf pa! Wahahahaha! Hindi handa ah?

Pero kahit ilang patong pa din ang suot ko, wooh! Grabe ang lamig! pero hindi ko ininda yon, because when I first saw the snow.. para bang nawala ang lahat ng nararamdaman ko, as if, para akong nakakita ng isang lugar na sa picture ko lang palaging nakikita and here it is, right in front of me. I just can't contain my feelings.

Since that very fateful day, I went on with my life, managed to adjust with the surroundings, get some good friends, and even finish college. I took up Computer Science then by the way. Well, magaling naman ako sa English, but I love computers and all sorts of technology products so much that I sometimes wish to spend the whole day with them. Okay inaamin ko, ever since I graduated, I never found a decent job, all the jobs that were available were not "technology-related", so I immediately lost interest in them. But wag niyo kong sisisihin ha! It's not my fault, baka hindi ko lang talaga destiny ang mga jobs na yon.. mehehe..

So I continued slouching in front of the computer for several months, tatayo lang siguro ako kung kakain o matripan kong manood sa tv o mag-exercise, yes, nageexercise ako, in case you don't know, kaya healthy pa rin ang physique ko, yun nga lang medyo nadagdagan ang muscles ko.

Naku kapag nakita ako ng mga kaibigan ko, pagtatawanan nila ako sigurado, they always thought that I was a guy eh, at hindi na nawala sa mga utak nila yon. Everytime na makikita nila ako, lalo na ang mga guy friends ko, babalyahan nila ako at aakbayan na parang isa talaga ako sa kanila.. hay naku, so I just embraced the fact that they treat me like that and I treat myself like that. May positive sides din naman kasi.

One time I remember, all of my guy friends were with me, may mga pure American, half American, Chinese, basta marami, and of course meron ding Filipinos, and I could say they were all good-looking and they were hanging out with me like I'm.. well.. like them. No malice though, but when I saw the other girls' faces looking at us, at me, I can feel the tension, their jealousy.. their envy.. saying, "I just wish that 'guy-looking' girl was me.." hahaha, and it was funny, ang saya din pala mantrip kapag ganito.

My mischievous tricks didn't stop at just that. Well, as you know naman, I was very good at manipulating the different sides of technology, with a little clicking and clacking here and there, I got to make my own bot, my HeiressBot. The term "bot" is usually used to refer to fake people in chat rooms. These bots are man-made auto-messaging devices. They are like spam in a chat room. I tried it out on many e-mails but I never thought that its first victim would be my brother.

My brother while chatting with my Bot..

"Hello my dear friend, I am Harriet Sinclair from Wandsworth, London. My family is in deep crisis right now for all of my brothers and sisters are fighting for the riches of our deceased father. As the oldest, I wanted to find a way to solve this problem and I figured that I'm going to need your help. I am going to transfer the amount of £50,000,000 in your account for you to keep for the time being until the time comes that we have all agreed on how much the shares are.

For this to be done, of course, I need to know your Full Name, Date of Birth and your Bank Account number. Your cooperation would mean a lot to me, and don't worry, you will gain from this too since you will get the 30% of it's full value.

I am fully bestowing my trust onto you and I hope you will not betray me. Your reply is urgently needed. Thank you."

"Um hi, this is Robb. I extend to you my condolence for your deceased father and I pray that he may rest in peace in heaven. It is a pleasure for me to be of help to you and your journey in taking responsibility of the distribution of shares to your brothers and sisters. However, it is not your money which I desire, but the friendship that I long for you to give me. I hope we can be close as I help you in your task."

"Hello my dear friend, of course we can be friends. You are already my friend at the very start. But first you've got to help me, in order to do this, I'm gonna need your Full Name, Date of Birth, and your Bank Account number. Your reply is urgently needed."

"Okay, I'll tell you the truth. Call me crazy if you want, be angry at me, if that's what you desire, but as time flies by while we are chatting, I can slowly feel that I'm falling for you. I know that it's only a short time since we met, but these feelings are genuine. I hope you feel the same way too."

"Hello my dear friend, thank you for your genuine feelings. But what I need right now is your help, in order to do this, I'm gonna need your Full Name, Date of Birth, and your Bank Account number. Your reply is urgently needed."

"Don't you care about my feelings? You know, the first time I met you, I felt like the finest summer azure butterflies were whirling through my stomach like crazy. And here you are, talking about that money over and over. I hope you're a little more sensitive about people's feelings."

"Hello my dear friend, you can buy the finest summer azure butterflies as many as you want. But I really need your help right now, in order to do this, I'm gonna need your Full Name, Date of Birth, and your Bank Account number. Please. Your reply is greatly needed."

"Okay okay, I get it. You do really need my help that much, don't you? Since these feelings of mine are really genuine for you, I'll help you.

Name: Robb Frilleo

Date of Birth: August 27, ****

Bank Account number: 0124280927

But please bear in mind that my feelings for you are true. I'm not lying, I like you, no, in fact I love you. I hope you have those feelings for me as much as I do."

OMG. The moment I finished reading their conversation, I couldn't get over it! That moment was friggin' hilarious! Hahahahaha! I know that's mean, but what the heck, who would've thought that a guy as smart as him would fall into my trap? Into my bot? Di pa rin ako makapaniwala hanggang ngayon.. hay ang sama ko.. hahahaha!

Well anyways, even though I can make things like that, still I can't escape the fact that 'I still don't have a job'. Oh come on, why are jobs hating me, I mean like awww, ayaw ba talaga nila sa akin? O ako ang mapili? Hihihihi.. kaya pinagagalitan ako ng mga parents ko eh.. hindi na nga ako marunong sa bahay, wala pa akong trabaho. COMBO!

That is, until I met this man who opened the "door of opportunity" to me..