Chapter Seven

A.N. This chapter is dedicated to MentalBreakdown21. Ang dakilang taga-comment ng "chapoooooooo" sa story na 'to hahaha. Anyway, ahhh, sorry po natagalan yung update ko pero thank you po ng sobra sobra sa mga mahahaba ang pasensya (di tulad 'ko xD) at naghintay and enjoy reading~~

--------------------------------------------

EUPHIE

I struggled to see who it was, but a shelf containing papers and folders on top of the table in front of me was blocking my vision so all I could see was his hair and a portion of his left shoulder.

Teka si twerp ba 'yan?

Oh gosh. Ngayon ko lang na-realize, hanggang ngayon pala hindi ko pa rin siya nakikilala? Well, that's a bit odd, considering na nagttrabaho lang kami sa iisang floor at palagi naman akong pumapasok. I know palagi ko siyang binabantayan pero it seems like I never got the chance to really know him, like, personally.

I was so engrossed at my thoughts that I didn't notice that I was standing at a very awkward angle - forty-five degrees to be exact - and was putting all of my weight on my sweaty palms holding the knob and slipped from my own grasp.

"Wah!" I squeaked quietly. Sa sobrang takot ko na marinig ako, pati sigaw ko hininaan ko.

I completely lost my balance and my body lunged forward.

W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-WAIT-WAIT-WAIT-WAIT-WAAAAAAAAAAAIIIT!!!

Inapak ko ang kaliwang paa ko, sumunod yung kanan, but it only made it worse dahil napatid ang kanang paa ko sa kaliwa and soon, I was heading head first to the desk in front of me.

BLAG!

Then it all went black.

SLATE

I was at my desk when I heard a loud noise. Normally, a person would go see and check it out - but not me. Besides, I don't think butting in into other's businesses would be a nice thing to do. Hindi naman kasi ako chismoso haha. I was starting to get my focus on my work again when I heard a familiar voice shouting at someone.
What the heck is wrong with that man? Parang sobra naman yata siyang makapag-react? I felt something wrong with his choice of words but I tried to brush it off again and just focus on my work.

"...mababa lang ang posisyon mo dito at mas mataas ako sa'yo! You're insignificant and your absence won't be a loss to this company!" I heard him shout.

Ah sobra naman yata siyang magsalita?! This time it got my attention. Something's definitely not right here. I headed out towards the source of the all the ruckus. I know this is not something that I usually do but something seems very wrong and I've got to figure out what it is.

And I was right. When I got there, I saw Maggie kneeling on the floor, looking helpless habang patuloy siyang pinapahiya nitong kalbo naming supervisor. May mga employees na na tumayo para umusyoso, meron ring mga naaawa, and Sir Leon seems to be liking all the attention that he's getting. I can't believe this! Nagawa nilang manood pero hindi ba nila nakikita na mali 'tong nangyayari na 'to? I saw the woman beside me take her phone out to take a video.

"A-A-A-A-Ah.." I stopped her and lowered her hand. I shook my head from left to right signalling her not to do it. Mukhang napahiya siya kaya umalis na lang siya. I looked at Maggie and Sir Leon again.

Kung walang tutulong sa kanya, ako na lang.

I went out from the crowd and helped Maggie up. She was shocked to see me indeed and so are the others that were watching, nagulat siguro siya na ipinagtatanggol ko siya but that was the least of my care because she's my friend and I'm bound to help her. I placed her behind me and faced him. Mukhang pati siya nagulat.