04

The mere three days leading up to the Sunday I was to meet with (y/n) were uneventful and passed by begrudgingly slow. I had to force myself to stop working the Saturday before so I didn't look exhausted for our date; although we'd already met I still felt this was a chance for a first impression. I was anxious; V had electrified my nerves with all his talk about how her and I were so surprisingly opposite and as I sat in front of my drawer picking out a tie I could feel my pulse in my ears. They sat neatly displayed in the drawer, every one of them taunting me. I decided against a full suit despite not knowing exactly where we were meeting, settling on a button up shirt with a tie and dark slacks; when I mentioned my date in the messenger Seven and Yoosung they insisted on khakis but when I pulled them on I felt sixteen somehow, like I was going on my very first date.

I had showered, gotten dressed, attempted to brush out my hair, and put on my favorite cologne with over twenty minutes to spare. I logged back onto the messenger to pass the time before Kim showed up.

Jumin Han has entered the chatroom.

Yoosung: who cares if all i do is play games

ZEN: You should!! Even trust fund kid has a girlfriend before you

Yoosung: us*

Jumin Han: I do not have a girlfriend.

ZEN: Well you're about to so you better get it together before she comes

Jumin Han: She isn't coming here. I'm meeting her.

Yoosung: where?!

Jumin Han: I don't know. V wouldn't tell me any details.

ZEN: What do you mean V??

Jumin Han: V set up our date. He has been friends with her for a few years apparently.

ZEN: And he's letting her go out with you? Some kind of friend he is

Yoosung: You're so lucky Jumin how is that you meet a girl by chance and somehow your best friend just happens to know her? You must be born under a luckh stra

ZEN: Typos.

Jumin Han: I suppose it was some sort of cooincidence. It's not unlikely though that I would meet someone who I ultimately have connections with since I know so many people in this city.

ZEN: And here he goes again. You only have all these connections because of your money.

Yoosung: i want connections so i can go on a mystery date too :(

Jumin Han: I've said this many times but I did not ask to be born into wealth. It is not wrong of me to use it to my advantage.

ZEN: Yes it is!!

Yoosung: Zen, if you were born with money like Jumin you wouldn't use it ? any one would i think

Jumin Han: Exactly.

ZEN: No. Its not right to use your free pass you got out of the womb and call it success.

Jumin Han: I have to be going now. Zen, I have worked very hard for all of my success and my supposed birthright has less to do with it than you like to believe. Not that I care if you realize that or not. Bye.

Jumin Han has left the chatroom.

Driver Kim called my phone to tell me he was waiting out front of the penthouse. I took a final look at myself in the mirror; I hoped I wasn't over or underdressed, anxious to see where exactly we were meeting. My hair curled out at the ends but I gave up on the effort to tame it, throwing my jacket on and placing my wallet in my pocket as I took the elevator to the lobby. It was cold outside where I saw Kim waiting and I hurried into the car, shutting the door behind me.