10

"Just keep walking- sorry," I guide her away from the wall I accidentally bumped her into, my hands gentle on her shoulders as we walk through my summer home, the breeze coming in from the coast through the open windows. "Almost there."

"We better be," she laughs, bumping into another corner. "Can I take off the blindfold yet?"

"Not yet," We enter the living room, tall walls with wide windows, a perfect view of the seashore. It's in pristine condition despite the fact I haven't visited this property probably since I bought it; I thank myself for remembering to send maids to clean up before (y/n) and I arrived.

"Alright, stay here. Don't take the blindfold off yet." I leave her in the center of the room, running to the wall opposite of the windows. I pull down a long line of sheets hung on the wall, gathering them on my arm, the sound loud in the quiet house.

"What are you-" She takes off her blindfold and I tug the final sheet down, revealing a series of seven paintings displayed on the wall. She covers her mouth with her hands, looking up at me with disbelief.

"You didn't," she gasps, looking up at the paintings in awe.

"I did." I smile, standing next to her and admiring them.

"No," she breathes, a little teary-eyed as I look over at her. "How?"

"I planned on buying them at your show, but they were all sold to different people by the time I got there," I rested my hand at her hip, pulling her a bit closer. "They didn't belong apart, right?"

"No," she wipes the tears from her eyes, sniffling. "I didn't wanna sell them but I sort of got pressured into it. At first I refused to sell them separately but my manager ended up doing it anyway without telling me."

"I knew you wouldn't have sold them," I narrowed my eyes at her. "They're a part of your soul, you told me. They belong to you now, where they should have been the whole time. Take them wherever you wish."

"They're not just a part of me now, though," she giggles, leaning her head on my shoulder and wrapping her arm around me. "They're a part of you too. They're a part of our story that we'll tell our kids someday."

"Oh yeah?" I blushed as I looked up at the paintings to avoid eye contact with her, my heart skipping a beat.

"Yeah," she laughs. "I'll tell them how their father almost left me alone on the most important night of my career, but then came and saved the day. And then he went all across the globe to find the paintings he knew I loved so much."

"Across the globe?" I chuckle as she laughs into the crook of my neck, her hair brushing against my skin. "It was just a few phone calls. I made them all an offer they couldn't refuse."

"You're too much," she sighs, tightening her grip around my waist a bit. "I love you, Jumin. So much."

"I love you too, (y/n). So much."

We sit on one of the couches in the room, facing the ocean. The tide gently kisses the sand, the water clear here, far from the city. I place my hand in hers, squeezing her palm gently. The air is calm as it blows through the house, everything relaxed.

"I liked driving out here," I break the quiet, keeping my gaze on the water. She lets out a small laugh, the tiniest of shivers running through her.

"You did? It was a little scary for me." She teases.

"Sorry," I look down, remembering her white knuckled grip on my arm as we took the long drive down to the coast. "I'll get better on the way home."

"Uh, maybe I'll drive us home..." she smiles at me, her lips flushed pink, a little shiny from the chapstick she'd put on earlier. Her skin is warm from the sun, bathed in its light where we sit in front of the windows. I like how she's dressed today; a loose white button up shirt with long stripes, and little jean shorts that show off her legs nicely. A few pieces of jewelry adorn her but she looks so clean and refreshing, like the feeling when you pull your clothes out of the drier.

"So," I breathe, looking over to her. "How many future children do we plan on having?"

"I don't know," she answers, a shade of pink dusting her cheeks. "I actually haven't really thought about it before."

"You haven't?"

"You have?"

"Of course. I've known I wanted to be a father for a long time now." I reply, feeling a strange flutter of excitement at the thought.

"Wow," she breathes, her eyes drifting towards our locked hands. "I don't know. I think I'm still really young to be a mother... I still want to travel more, and we're both so busy with our jobs. We're not even married yet, either- Jesus, we don't even live together yet, Jumin. Plus, they would only have one grandparent, that's kind of sad-"

"Hey," I interrupt. "Relax. We're not having any children right now. It's okay."

Her eyes are wide and she lets out a nervous, breathy laugh, squeezing my hand tight.

"You're right," she sighs. "I mean, it's kind of fun to think about though. How many kids do you want someday?"

"Hm," I think for a moment. "Either just one or three. If we just had one it would be fun to spoil them. But if it was three we would have a good size family; just big enough, you know?"

"Yeah," she looks at me warmly, her expression gooey and sweet like honey.

"I'd like to have three kids too, because we could always be busy, going to all their different things. Plays and recitals and games, things like that. I've always liked the idea of being the parents that never miss any event or anything."

"How many girls and boys?" She asks, and when I look over her eyes are closed, a small smile on her lips.

"All girls."

"Really?" She snorts, her eyes opening. "You have trouble handling just this girl most of the time. How do you plan on handling three more?"

"With you right by my side."

-

The End