Cute moments

Mila was lying in bed playing with the clown doll. Studying it.

She'd had it for as long as she could remember. She buried it in her chest as she looked up at the ceiling.

"Sweetheart?" Harley's sweet voice was music to her ears as she sat up slowly and looked at Harley's direction. Harley was wearing a small tight dress which accented her curves perfectly.

"Mom, you look so hot!" Mila exclaimed.
"Thank you baby!" Harley said as she walked in with a grin. "God, i can't believe you're really here with us!" She said as she hugged Mila tightly.
There was so much warmth in the hug, a genuine mother-child hug that provided all the comfort in the world.

"Where are you headed?" Mila asked.
"The lair. Your father retook it and now he wants to go and get back into the mood of things. You know him," Harley said as she shook her head. "Besides, it's gonna be fun! Let's see what the death toll'll be tonight!"

Mila tilted her head back in surprise with a look of awe on her face but quickly shook it off as she remembered something important.

"Are you sure it's such a good idea? I mean I just broke you guys out, I'm sure they're looking for you." Mila said with a frown.

Harley nodded. "Yeah, that's why we're not taking puddin's car. Frost is gonna take us in his SUV. No one will know!" Harley said cheerfully.

Mila nodded and rested her back against the headboard of her bed. "Right."

Harley noticed Mila's expression. She seemed down, depressed.
"What's the matter pumpkin? You don't look too happy. Did you want to come with us?..." Harley asked.

Just then, the Joker walked in without saying a word. He listened intently to the conversation between the two women instead.

Mila noticed his presence and looked at him.
"No...I'd rather stay here. I'm still in disbelief that I managed to pull this off," Mila chuckled.

"Don't be too surprised, you are my daughter after all," the joker spoke in a rough low voice.

Mila smiled slightly but then straightened back and leant back onto the head board.

"What's wrong?" Harley asked as she tucked a strand of Mila's hair behind her ear. "Talk to me."

"It's nothing, I'm just relieved things worked out," Mila smiled.
The Joker walked closer and sat next to Harley on the bed, looking right at Mila.

Harley placed her free hand on his thighs and put her head on his shoulder.
"That's our little baby, puddin," she spoke softly.
Mila chuckled and the joker rolled his eyes as he stood up.

"Let's go," he said as he grabbed Harley's wrist and dragged her out.
"Wait!" Harley yelled out and broke free of the Jokers grasp. She walked quickly to Mila and placed a warm kiss on her cheek.
"I love you my little clown," she spoke with the worlds amount of love in her voice, and Mila teared up as she watched her mother practically run out the door towards her father.

When she heard the main door shut, she let out a sob. And she kept sobbing for what seemed like minutes.
One of the henchmen outside her room peeked in slowly, trying not to make it obvious he was looking in. He wanted to ask if she was ok but instead he shut the door back and kept pacing up and down the halls.

Mila's phone started ringing and she sniffles as she looked at the caller ID.
She quickly accepted the call and wiped her tears as she spoke into it.
"Ember, hey girl," she said as she sniffled.

"Hey beautiful! Are you...crying?" Ember asked.

"No...yes. Sorry, I just had a semi-cute moment with my parents. Kinda broke down...anyway, I've missed you!" Mila said excitedly.

"I miss you too! And I've called to let you know that I will be coming down in a few days. I am keeping my ticket and my flight and there's no way you're talking me out of it!" Ember said.

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into Em, my parents...they're criminals. They're not normal." Mila explained trying her hardest not to laugh. They really weren't normal! But they weren't dysfunctional either. Yet.

Ember laughed on the other end of the line. "You're hilarious girl, I can't with you. Listen, I can just rent out a hotel room for a week and we can hang out when you're free," Ember tried reasoning with her.

"Hell no! You're staying here. And that's final. And maybe longer than a week, I miss my best friend," Mila said.

"Fine! It's gonna be so fun girl!" Ember practically screamed.

"I know!' I'll pick you up from the airport when you get here," Mila spoke excitedly as well, relishing in the fact that for once in a very long time, she'd surround herself in the familiar feel of her closest friend. Her only friend.

---

"Puddin, this brings back so many memories!" Harley exclaimed as she held out her arms out open to her sides and spun around.

The Joker smirked as he sat down on the white leather couch with the gold accents. "We're going to take back what's ours. Even batsy won't know what hit him!" He cackled.

Harley stiffened at the mention of batman. She stood in front of him now, looking down at him with distress clearly in her eyes.
"Puddin...you don't think he'd try to pull apart our family would he?" Harley asked in panic.

"He knows better than to mess with us now Harley," he said

"He knows better than to mess with us now Harley," he said. "We have Mila now, and she's not a baby. She's a young woman who is fully capable of defending herself. And I intend to teach her more." He assured Harley.

Harley nodded and sat next to him.
"Are we expecting any guests tonight," she giggled.

"Not tonight. It's too soon." He said.
Harley looked at him. He seemed focused on something and she wondered what thoughts occupied his mind.

"Puddin'?" She asked trying to get his attention.
The Joker turned his head slightly towards her.
"Hmm?"

"I love having her with us. We can pick up where we left off and be the family we always wanted to be," Harley said softly as she wrapped her arms around Jokers arm.

He didn't say a word, instead his eyes softened up as he fixed his gaze to the floor.
He let out a loud laugh in response.

"Honey, we'll never be a normal family," he chuckled. Harley smiled because she understood exactly what he meant.

They weren't normal. But they were special.