Confrontation

"Oh Brucey...Come out come out wherever you are," The Joker sang as he held his gun up to face level and stood in a pile of rubble. He had a sick wide grin on his face and his eyes traveled feverishly around him, trying to find anyone daring enough to be there.

"Don't you know how rude it is to ignore your future in laws?! AHAHAHAHA!!" The Joker bellowed out once again. 

From Alex's room, Mila could hear the commotion and the loud, familiar cackles of her crime-boss father. Her heart fluttered in happiness that a remnant from what she considered home was also there, making her feel safe. But she knew things could get ugly. Without a second thought, she stood up from the bed and advanced absentmindedly towards the closed door. Alex swiftly reached a hand out and pulled her to him.

"Where are you going?" He asked as he held her tight to his chest.

"You have to let me go. He's here for me, I need to go to him." She pleaded. Alex knew it was right, he was going to take her back himself anyway. With a hint of reluctance, he nodded and his grip on her loosened. He took her hand and kissed it gently. 

"Let's go, my doll." He smiled and led her out of the room.

With each step they took down the hall and towards the stairs, they felt the air thicken and smoke fill their lungs. Advancing just a little closer, Mila saw the familiar green locks of her father from the top of the stairs. He was pacing around the mess he had created, his eyes narrowed looking for a target. He looked absolutely livid.

"Find her... FIND HER!" He shouted to the men around him, firing a single round up into the roof.

"Dad!" Mila screamed as soon as the shot was fired.

The Joker froze and looked up quickly to the source of the voice. What he saw angered him further into insanity. Her clothes were ripped, she was dirty. Her makeup was smudged. She had been crying, he could just tell.

How dare they!

Making his daughter shed a tear?...

It was undeniable how much he cared for his child.

The big bad Joker, clown prince of crime, the King of Gotham, had a weak-spot, and she stood in front of him in ruins. Her knees shook as she stood up in front of her father, watching his face twist from anger to sadness. However, he remembered he was in the presence of other people, possibly Batman, and he didn't dare to show weakness.

Instead, he ground his teeth and pulled Mila roughly out of the rubble and out towards the waiting SUV's. Before they advanced too far though, tear gas was thrown to their immediate area, causing Mila to stop in her tracks and get on her knees in an effort to keep the smoke off her face. The Joker growled and took a few steps back but quickly grinned when he realized what it was.

He chuckled as his eyes were fixed on a figure standing before him.

"You should really know better than that, Brucey, I'm immune to your chemicals," J rasped with a grin.

"You know the deal, Joker. I promised her freedom for your arrest." Bruce's thick, low voice was domineering and ominous. 

"Is this really any way to treat a guest, pal? Especially if that guest might happen to be an in-law? Hmm?" The Joker laughed out.

Bruce growled and slowly crept towards where Mila stood. There was smoke surrounding them so he just might be able to grab her without the Joker noticing.

As soon as he reached down to her, he felt someone grip his arm roughly. Before he knew it, Bruce looked up and saw an angry Joker looking at him straight in the face.