Chapter Six

Chapter 6

"Welcome to Asgard!"

"Thank you Heimdall, how do you do?"

"Very well, Lord Zeus, it's a pleasure seeing both you and Lady Hera." Heimdall smiled to both Olympians.

"It's a pleasure seeing you as well Heimdall," smiled Hera politely.

An emissary came forward to escort Zeus and Hera to the palace to meet Odin.

"Enjoy your stay in Asgard." Heimdall called as the emissary guided Zeus and Hera towards the rainbow bridge. Zeus and Hera smiled politely to Heimdall, and followed their escort through the bridge.

Zeus and Hera admired the beautiful scenery that Asgard was bringing them, they only had a few moments to relax and enjoy the view before getting back to business.

"Here we are," the emissary stoped before the Great Odin and bowed to his king and Queen. "All Father and Queen Frigga, may I present the Lord Zeus and Lady Hera from Olympus."

Odin motioned for the emissary to leave before greeting Zeus and Hera.

"It's good to see you old friend," Odin came down with his arms open to embrace Zeus like a brother.

"Likewise, old friend," Zeus smiled sympathetically.

Frigga also joined in to embrace Hera, "Hera, my dear, it has been so long," Frigga embraced Hera, and Hera returned the favor.

"It has Frigga, Asgard however is more beautiful than I remember." Hera admired.

"Olympus does not stay behind on its beauty either Hera," Odin put in greeting Hera, while Zeus also took the time to greet Frigga.

"Now, old friends, what is the urgency you wanted to speak of?" Odin guided them through the palace.

"You know, once I heard the rumors that my daughter was alive, I hoped it was true, then you confirmed it old friend," Zeus started, "and Metis and I had to find her for ourselves to see her at least once and protect her..."

Hera tried her hardest to feign she was completely fine once Zeus started mentioning Metis.

"...we found her, and as you both can know, Thanos had sent his minions to attack her, but now she is finally home, she found her way back to us."

"Oh that is marvelous news Zeus!" Frigga exclaimed happily, "once our son returned from Midgard, we couldn't believe the news that he had discovered her."

"Yes, which reminds me, I must thank him for being her friend and teacher," Zeus smiled.

"I also could not believe it old friend, and all of this happened because I banished him to Earth, it was fate indeed," said Odin.

"But Thanos attacking her? He knows then?" Frigga questioned.

"He didn't attack her directly," Hera spoke up for the first time.

"Yes, he only sent his minions to test the limit of her power, which is grand, but still not under her control yet," said Zeus.

"But does he know?" Odin repeated Frigga's question.

Zeus and Hera looked at each other before Zeus spoke," we don't know, it is not as if we hid it in plain sight, it is very well stored in the most unlikely of places."

"Does she know what she carries?" Odin said carefully.

Zeus gulped, "for the time being, no, she does not, and it's better for her to be clueless about it, if she were to know, then she wouldn't be safe, that's what Thanos wanted to prove."