Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

By the Gods, I curse in my head. I'm starting to act like and Olympian with the way I express my self. This feast or party in my honor, is truly overwhelming. My parents are not even here yet, and I thought I would be the last to appear, since it's my welcome home party. I have met, God, after God, after God. It never stops!

My sister Artemis is doing all the introductions, and so far they are all Olympians from the Earth, as in the ground part. No one from the underworld yet, because my uncle Aidon is not here. Persephone is anxiously awaiting to see him, but it seems Demeter is hell bent on keeping her by her side as much as possible. I honestly don't see the reason for, by the looks of it, uncle Aidon treats Persephone with respect and most importantly, love.

The gathering is not in the throne room of Olympus, but in a hall similar to it. This room was a banquet hall by the looks of it, where the Gods had their feats in ancient times, I presume. The place was a circular hall, with great marble pillars reaching high above us. On top of those pillars were flowers, I imagine Persephone had something to do with that, being the Goddess of Spring. Statues of the twelve gods and more were high above, looking down at the hall. Behind the statues, were glass windows that brought in the shimmering rays of the sun. It was all very beautiful. I complete fortress, or oasis. On the floor were tables filled with food and Dionysus wine. There were seasoned meats and fish, along with fruits and bread. Artemis led me to the banquet tables to get some of Dionysus' wine, which was truly delicious. Like nothing I had ever tasted, not even my dad's finest bottles could compare to Dionysus. It's truly fitting since he is the God of Wine himself.

Grabbing the glass, I shift uncomfortably, due to my dress.

"You'll get used to it," Artemis laughs.

"I really don't see how," I say taking a sip of wine.

I was wearing Ancient Greek attire, or something similar to it.

"If there are more modern dresses, why are we all dressed like this?" I asked Artemis, still shifting uncomfortably.

"Father is old-school," she walks beside me, "we haven't had a gathering like this in ages."

"I can see that, almost everyone is fashionably late," I look around, missing still are the underworld gods, my mother and father, and Poseidon with Amphitrite.

"Well what do you expect!" Apollo sneaks by us with a glass of wine in hand, "the three God Kings are always late!"

"Makes sense," I shrug, "who do you think will be coming from the underworld?"

"Not many I presume," Artemis says, "uncle Aidon wouldn't leave the underworld unattended, perhaps Thanatos, he loves good party, or Hekate."

"Mm, I would love to meet Hekate, she can help me control my powers, with meditation." I say walking around the banquet hall.

"Believe me when I say sister, she'll adore you!" Apollo chimes in.

God of Prophecies, I'll take his word for it.

"Do you guys think Demeter could be any more controlling?" I say as I glance to Persephone who is glued to her mother's side while talking to Hestia.

"If it were up to Persephone, she wouldn't, but she only does it to keep Demeter at bay," Artemis says.

"I can't get through my mind, why she would hate me so much when she doesn't know me..."

"Let's not discuss it here sister," Apollo said cautiously.

"This is your party, forget Demeter and enjoy it!" Artemis says.

As I made my way through the crowd, I felt my feet were wet, when I looked down, indeed there was water everywhere. I was about to apologize, thinking it was my doing, but then I see a portal opening in the center of the banquet hall. Water was shimmering around the portal that was opening, with water moving calmly throughout the room.