Chapter Ten

Note: This is the last chapter for now on this book! After this Life of Athena will be updated!

Chapter 10

Athena laid in her bed, in the underworld still, thinking about Hekate's last lesson for her. She had mastered to teleport in Olympus. Her portal was the remnants of the elements. Air, water, earth, and fire circled around her. Hekate had explained that as long as her energy was high enough, she could travel between dimensions and on Earth, the only problem is that she had to envision where she was going.

Hekate also taught her that there were humans on Earth who could teleport, yet they didn't posses any power from the tesseract. On Earth, it was called the mystic arts, using energy from different dimensions to create magic and portals.

But something stuck out to Athena more, the six infinity stones were the greatest power the universe has held. If anyone were to collect all six, they could bend the universe at their will. Somehow, she had a sick feeling boiling up in her gut. She had ignored it all of this time, but she knew it was a warning. Thinking about the infinity stones, she knew that eventually someone will one day have all six to cause chaos.

Before she gave her thoughts a rest, she looked out her balcony. The torches around the underworld were all lit, and the shinning light of the mystical River Styx created an beautiful calm scene as the water hit the shore in small waves. Athena was going to miss the underworld, she was going to miss Hekate, Lady Nyx, and Persephone. Her uncle was also in those thoughts, but she couldn't wait to see her dad most of all, Tony Stark. She would go back home to see Pepper and Happy. Her fellow SHIELD coworkers, Phil, Natasha, and Clint. Also, Steve.

She smiled to her self as she thought of him. She hoped Director Fury would task her again on being his teacher. Even though, she hadn't spent much time as she wanted with the super soldier, she couldn't wait to see him again.

The following day, Athena was having bittersweet moments with the underworld deities. She was ready to go back above ground to Olympus, and soon after Earth.

"Persephone, you're making this harder on me," Athena sniffed as her big sister couldn't let her go.

"I know, I know!" Persephone hugged Athena harder, "I'm going to miss you so much, I can't imagine when I'll see you again, I'll have to beg father to let me visit you on Earth."

"Do whatever you have to, I'm going to miss you so much, until then," Athena squeezed her sister one last time before moving to Hades.

Before, he could get a word out, Athena threw her arms around him, "thank you, thank you so much," she sniffed with more tears building in her eyes, "I got to spend more time with you than my actual father, somehow it should have been the other way around."

Hades embraced Athena with caring arms, "never doubt the Fates little one, they know what they are doing, and there's no need to thank me, thank you for opening my eyes to new perspectives."

Hermes arrived in time to take Athena to the upper world. He watched her say goodbye to all the underworld deities. He scanned the roomed for a particular God, Thanatos. He was not present and it struck a chord. Hermes knew that Thanatos had taken a liking towards his sister, and found it odd he was not there to bid her farewell.

"Ready?"

"Yeah," Athena smiled.

Hermes swooped down to carry Athena in his arms before waving goodbye to the gods and heading to Olympus.

"You know that I can open my portals now," Athena mused.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself sweets, you're still the baby," Hermes joked.