{8}

After art, Dylan and I walked together to science. Once we entered the classroom, I was about to tell the teacher, Mr.Harker, that I was new, but Dylan went up to him for me and told him everything. "Good morning Mr.Harker," he said. "I would like to introduce you to Nicole. She just moved here and is new to our class," he put his hand on my back and I began to blush.

   "Nice to meet you Nicole, I'm glad to have you in my class." Mr.Harker said. "And what's your last name?"

   "Sparse," I replied with a smile.

   "Can she please be my lab partner?" Dylan asked out of nowhere.

   "Sorry Dylan, but your lab partner is already Max."

    "Please," he leaned in closer to Mr.Harker as if he didn't want me to hear what he was going to say. "She doesn't know anybody, except me, and I want her to have the perfect year of school." Dylan whispered.

   "Okay, fine," he replied. A huge smile spread across my face and Dylan turned around with a smile on his face as well.

    "Please have a seat," Mr.Harker said as the bell rang for class to begin. The rest of class was boring because we were just taking notes. Occasionally Dylan would pass a note to me, even though I was sitting right next to him. After what felt like forever, the bell rang again and we got up from our seats and started heading towards our next class, gym. Now, let me get this straight, I don't love gym, but I don't hate it. It's one of those things that you know you have to do, but you don't have any feelings for it.

   We got to the gymnasium and it was massive. I went into the locker room and guess who was standing in front of me, Jessica, Stacy and Stephanie. I avoided eye contact and I went to the back of the locker room. I got changed quickly so I could catch up with Dylan. I saw Dylan in his gym clothes, except he was talking to a few other boys, so  I decided not to interrupt their conversation.

   "Hey Nicole!" I heard Dylan yell across the gym. I turned around and he signaled me to come over to him. I walked to him and his friends and he introduced me to them. "This is Nicole, she just moved here and I would like to introduce her to you."

   "Hi," I said and waved.

   "Oh look, Dylan's got a girlfriend,"one of his friends said.

   "Stop it!" Dylan basically yelled to him. "She's already had a tough first day, don't need to make it any worse, come on Nicole," he grabbed my hand and walked away with me.

   "Geez, what got into him?" I heard someone ask.

   "Thanks Dylan, you've been so nice to me, I've never had anyone in my life like you." I said with   a smile. "Should I hug him, or would that be too weird?" I wondered. I decided to go for it. I hugged him and my eyes closed and a big smile came across my face. He didn't pull away, he hugged me back. After a few seconds, I pulled back and looked into his eyes. He started to blush.

   "Th-that was-" I could tell he was speechless, I wasn't trying to go for this awkwardness.

   "Sorry," I said and I started to blush as well. "That was completely unnecessary."

   "I would have to disagree," he responded."

   "What?" I asked.

   "I didn't think that was unnecessary, I thought that was perfect," he said with this huge smile on his face.

   For the rest of gym, we were stretching and talking about the sports we would play later in the year. I saw the three popular girls being annoying to other students, and I just tried to ignore them as best as possible. Then we got changed and the bell rang.

   "I'll see you in lunch!" Dylan said as he walked into the crowded hallway. I then made my way to my next class, English.

   When I got there, I did the same thing I did for my other classes and Mrs.Nodstein pointed to an empty desk in the back corner of the room. The class period went by quickly because I kept thinking about lunch. When the period was over, I walked to the cafeteria. I looked around, but I didn't see any sign of Dylan. I scanned the cafeteria again, and I saw him, sitting at a table by himself.

   "Hey Nicole!" he said as I approached his table.

   "Hi Dylan," I said as I sat down.

   "How was English last period?" he asked.

   "It was good, I really like my teacher."

   "That's good," he replied. There was an awkward moment of silence and both of us were just eating our lunch. He broke the science by saying, "So , we won't se each other again until eighth period."

   "Yeah, it's going to be boring until then," I replied. "Why would you say that?!" I though to myself. "That was such a stupid response." I started to blush, a lot, why was I get so nervous around him?

"I'm going to feel the same way," he said and winked at me with this huge smile on his face.

The bell rang and we both got up from the table without saying anything. The next two periods (math and social studies) were extremely boring. Finally, eighth period came and it was study hall with Dylan.

I walked into the classroom and I didn't see him anywhere. The bell rang and Dylan was nowhere to be seen. I started to take out my homework to work on, when suddenly Dylan runs into the classroom saying,"Hello Mr.Trow, I'm so sorry I'm late, it will never happen again."

"Please have a seat, Mr.O'Brien," Mr.Trow replied.

"Hey," Dylan whispered as he sat next to me. "How was the rest of your day?"

"It was alright, it was pretty boring though. How was your day?" I asked.

"Better, now that I'm here with you," he said. I looked up from my homework and smiled. I couldn't think of anything else to say so I went back to doing my homework. After about 15 minutes, Dylan passed me a note. I opened it with a confused look on my face and  it said:
Are you doing anything after school today?

I looked up at him, but he was doing his homework. I took my pencil and I wrote back to him and handed him the note. I saw a smile slowly start to form on his face. He wrote something and passed it back to me.
Good, after this class I would like to show you around the neighborhood ;)
That sounds like a great idea, I'm excited to spend more time getting to know you. I replied and gave it back to him.

The bell rang and we both got up and he said,"Follow me, Nicole." He took my hand and we walked out of the classroom together.