{16}

Nicole's POV

I woke up to the sound of Dylan quietly moaning in his sleep. I slowly turned toward him and whispered, "Dyl, time to wake up sleepy head."

"Just five more minutes," he whined. We both laughed and he opened his eyes. "I love waking up next to you, Nicole."

A smile spread across my face, and I leaned in to kiss him. I love kissing him, his soft lips against mine, and the feeling of safety. I could definitely feel the love that we shared for each other, and I could tell that he felt it too.

I pulled away and looked at him, and said, "you're still in your clothes from yesterday."

"Yeah, I didn't want to leave you," he said scratching the back of his neck. We both sat up and I leaned my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and I took a deep breath.

Then Aunt Cassie came in and said, "I brought you a change of clothes, Nicole. Oh, and Dylan, I think your mom brought clothes for you too."

"Thanks Aunt Cassie," I replied as she put the pile of clothes on the end of my hospital bed. Then Mrs.O'Brien came in and said, "I brought these for you, Dylan."

"Thanks mom," he said.

"No problem, sweetie," she said as she left the room.

"I can't wait to change out of these hospital clothes!" I said.

He laughed and said, "I don't blame you." He took his clothes and said, "huh, my mom gave me two shirts. Which one should I wear?"

"Hmmm. You should wear the blue one, and I'll wear the green one," I said.

"Wait, what?" He asked confused.

"You wear the blue one, and I'll wear the green one, do I need to repeat it again?" I replied sarcastically.

He quietly laughed and put the green one next to me, and I said, "thank you!" with a huge grin on my face. "Do you mind if I change here?"

"No, of course not. I'll change here too."

I took off my hospital clothes, changed into the shorts my aunt brought for me, and the green t-shirt from Dylan. The shirt was too big for me, so it covered my shorts, but I was comfortable. The t-shirt smelt like Dylan, and a smile came across my face. I turned around and saw that Dylan was finished changing as well.

"You look so cute in my shirt," he said and smiled.

"Awwww, thank you," I said and blushed a little. I then ran towards him and he lifted me up in the air and kissed me.

"Nicole...I have...something...to ask you..." Dylan said in between kisses.

I pulled away and said,"yes?"

He put me down on the bed, and pulled something out of his pocket, and sat down next to me.

"Nicole, we have been through a lot together. You are my girlfriend, and the best part is, you're my best friend too. It would mean the world to me if..." He placed one hand on my and and continued, "you'd go to prom with me." He handed me a necklace that was a heart shaped locket.

"YES!" I yelled and I embraced him. This is perfect, I thought.

"I love you, Dylan O'Brien, and I always will!" I said happily. Nobody could wipe this smile off my face.

"Open up the locket," he said and smiled. I opened it and inside was a picture of the two of us; I was kissing his cheek and he was smiling. "I love it," I said and covered my mouth.

"Let me put it on," he suggested. I handed him the necklace, and I lifted my hair up. The feeling of his cool hands on my neck sent chills down my spine, but in a good way. Before he backed away, he kissed my neck and I turned to face him. "I love you, Nicole. With all my heart."

I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him to me and our lips crashed together. We were kissing for a few minutes until a doctor came in.

"Ummm," the doctor said, blushing a little.

We pulled away and I said sorry to the doctor.

"It's okay. Nicole, we took some tests and your results are positive. So, you can go home today instead of tomorrow if you'd like."

"Okay! Thank you for letting me know. I'll probably leave this evening if that's okay," I said and I felt Dylan's hand going up and down my back.

"That sounds perfect, see you when you are ready to leave."

"Thank you, doctor."

Then the doctor left and closed the door behind him.

"I better go tell Aunt Cassie that I can leave tonight," I said.

"Here, I'll go get her for you and you can start packing up your belongings."

"Okay," I kissed his cheek and he left the room.

I took my clothes and my bag and put it by the door, then I looked in the corner of the room and I saw Dylan's leather jacket hanging on a coat rack. I walked over to it and put it on. I was so comfortable in his clothes and nothing could make me happier.

Then Dylan and my aunt walked in and she said, "hey Nicole, I heard you can leave tonight! I'm so excited for you to come home!"

"Me too," I said and gave her a hug.

"I saw a doctor in the hallway and he said you can leave now if you'd like, you don't need to wait until tonight."

"Oh, alright! I'm happy to leave now, if that's okay," I replied.

"That's perfect, sweetie. We can go home, and then do you want to go out for dinner later, the four of us?" Aunt Cassie asked.

"That would be perfect!" I said and smiled.

"Great! Let's go," Aunt Cassie said.

I grabbed my stuff off the floor and took Dylan's hand. We walked out of the hospital together, and before we got into our cars, we hugged and Dylan kissed my cheek.

"See you later," he whispered in my ear.

"See ya," I replied. I waved until he turned around and Aunt Cassie and I walked to her car together.

"How was the promposal?" Aunt Cassie asked after we got into the car.

"It was perfect!" I replied.

"I'm so happy for you two. Dylan asked permission from me a week ago, which was really sweet. But then the accident happened..."

"It's okay," I replied and put my hand on top of hers. "I couldn't imagine it any other way."