{13}

We stood like that-me in his embrace-for a few minutes until Dylan pulled away and he put his hands on my shoulders.

He lifted my chin so we were eye to eye and he said, "I don't know what's going on, but if it's this serious, you need to tell me. I hate seeing you like this, I hate it." He looked extremely worried, I could see it in his eyes.

"I know, I hate feeling like this, but sometimes my emotions take over and-" my breathing started to get faster and I couldn't get any words out.

"Shhh," Dylan said and pulled me toward him into another hug. He held my head and my face was resting on his chest. "Everything is okay, I'm here. Shhh. I'm here, your safe," he said and stroked his fingers through my hair.

"Oh my gosh! What happened, Nicole?" I heard Aunt Cassie say as she came down the stairs.

I pulled away from Dylan and turned to my Aunt, and Dylan was standing right next to me. He left had his hand wrapped around my waist and my hand was on his back. I took a deep breath. I had to explain everything to both of them.

"That was Lily. She used to be my best friend. When I told her I was moving, she wouldn't talk to me, she wouldn't even look at me. We didn't even text each other. I had to break up with Jackson, my exboyfriend because of the move as well. He was cheating on me, though."

"Who would want to do that to such a wonderful person? He must be a real jerk," Dylan said looking at me.

"The worst part was that..." I took another deep breath. "He was cheating on me with Lily. And I had to find that out the hard way. I saw them kissing in the woods together the day before I moved and..." Tears started to form in my eyes, but it wasn't from sadness, it was from anger.

"Nicole..." Dylan said.

I saw my Aunt cover her mouth and tears started to form in her eyes.

"And now she just came back and asked if I wanted to live with her!" I was getting so angry, I couldn't hold it in anymore. "How can she do that? She makes me so mad, I don't know why I was ever friends with her!" Tears started to form and I hid my face in Dylan's chest. I felt his hands rubbing my back. And then I felt anothet set of hands, my aunt's.

"Nicole, you deserve way better than that," my Aunt said.

Dylan leaned his cheek on my head while we were hugging. After a few minutes of comfort, I pulled away and said,"thank you so much for comforting me. You both are the best."

"It's the least we can do, Nicole. You would've done the same if it was your aunt or me. We are here for you no matter what," Dylan said. "I  hate to leave, but I better get going."

"Oh, here's your jacket," I said as I was about to take it off.

"No, keep it. It looks good on you."

"Thanks, Dyl." I gave one more hug and he walked to the door.

"Bye, Nicole," he said as he disappeared outside.

"Come here," Aunt Cassie said while spreading her arms out, gesturing for a hug.

I hugged her and said,"thanks for being the best Aunt ever."

"Thanks for being the best niece ever," she said and I laughed a little, showing I was feeling a little better.  We pulled away and she was staring at me.

"What? Did I get something on my shirt?" I asked looking down.

"No. I think I agree with Dylan, that jacket looks good on you!" She said.

I blushed a little and said,"thanks," and I put my hands in the jacket pockets.

"Want to have some dinner?" She asked.

"Sure," I replied.

When we finished, we decided to watch a movie together. We watched The Theory of Everything. By the end, we were both crying because the movie was really sad. When it was over, it was 11:00.

"I think I'm going to go to sleep. See ya in the morning," I said.

"Ok sweetie. I'll be down here for a few more minutes then I'll go get some sleep as well. Good night."

I slowly walked up the stairs, entered my room and changed into my pajamas and put my hair in a bun.

I checked to see if I had any texts and I had one, from Lily. Instead of reading it, I decided to block her, so she would never be in my life ever again.

I then got into my bed and fell fast asleep. But, my dreams were terrible.
~~~~~~~~
I was standing in the main entrance of my house and Lily and Dylan were there.

"You have to choose, Nicole. Me or Dylan. We've been friends for years and your going to leave me for someone you've known for a few months? Come on, Nicole, you know better." Lily said.

"Nicole, she betrayed you. I'm always here for you. I love you Nicole, I love you. Sure, we haven't known each other for years, but you even said it, you haven't felt like this in a while." Dylan said.

I was standing in between them and I had to make a life changing decision.

"Here, I'll make this easier for you," Lily said as she pulled out a gun.

In a blink of an eye, she shot Dylan in his chest and he collapsed to the floor.

"NO!" I screamed.

I ran over to him and said,"no, Dylan. Please be alive. Please," tears were running down my face.

"Nicole..."he whispered.

"Let's go, you brat," Lily said and yanked me off the floor and she pulled me to the door.

"DYLAN!!! NOOOO!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs.
~~~~
I woke up to the sound of me screaming and tears were running down my face. My aunt ran into my room and said,"Nicole! Are you okay? Do you need anything?!" She was extremely worried.

I pulled her close into a hug and whispered,"it was just a bad dream...Just a bad dream..." and while were streaming down my face.

After a few minutes, Aunt Cassie said,"I'm going to go back in my room, okay?"

"Wait!" I called after her as she was about to leave my room.

"Yes?" She turned around and asked.

"Can you sleep in here with me?" I asked.

"Of course, sweetie," she said soothingly and walked towards me.

She came into my bed, and I fell right asleep, knowing I was safe and nothing was going to happen to me.

-------------------------------
Shout out to nat1806 for the adorable shipname, Nylan. 😉💙💙