Chapter 7 = Thoughts

Aphmau's POV

It's been about a month since Zane came back for Mavis. Pretty much everyone has been on edge since he threatened to come back. Every guard and villager has been nervously watching each other's every step. Also, Mavis has been acting strangely. She's barely ever seen and can be a pain to find. I have no idea what she's up to either. And now, I'm secretly following her through the forest!

"Lady Aphmau, what are you doing?" She asked turning to face me, crap, how did she find out where I was.

"You caught me!" I laughed nervously coming out from my hiding position.

"It was obvious." She replied blankly and continued walking.

"Anyways, what are you doing out here?" I asked going to her side.

"Thinking." She said bluntly.

"About what"

"What Zane said." She answered as I looked at her in concern.

"What exactly about what he said is bothering you?" I asked, we turned, her route must be around the perimeter of the village today. We started to go into a circle.

"Shad The Destroyer." She muttered under her breath, watching her surroundings closely.

"Mavis, you never know, he might have been just messing with you. He does that to many people and many of us here have become victim to it." I laid my hand on her shoulder. We both stopped as she slightly flinched at the contact.

"Yeah, maybe you're right." She responded after we began to move again.

"Yup, and what you need is a fresh cup of tea, let's go see Kawaii-Chan!" I said grabbing her hand and beginning to drag her back to the village.

"What about my shift?" She asked hurriedly, letting me drag her.

"I'll get one of the boys to take over, you need some girl time!" I replied happily entering the village. I was able to get Dante, who was on break, to take over Mavis' shift.

We sat at a small table at Kawaii-Chan's, Mavis' sword was still hilted to her side, but her bow and arrows were hanging off the back of the chair and her hood was down. She was peacefully sipping her tea. I took a sip of mine and Kawaii-Chan joined us. All three of us sighed at the same time, which made us go into a fit of giggles.

"Now isn't this better Mavis-Chan?" Kawaii-Chan stated happily. Mavis nodded.

This is what I enjoy the most, a cup of tea with my friends. Nothing could be better!  

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Been having writers block lately. But a spark of inspiration came to me and here is this awful chapter. Hope you enjoy! Be back soon!