Chapter 8 = Peace Before Chaos

Mavis' POV

The blades of our swords clashed as Laurence and I began to train. Lady Aphmau said I should do something that I enjoy to take my mind off of Zane, and for me, that;s training and Laurence said that he would train with me. So here we are.

"How was tea time with Lady Aphmau?" He asked as I jumped backwards from his swing.

"Relaxing." I replied clashing our swords and pushing my body forward.

"I believe you needed that. Speaking of which," He began tripping me and pinning me to the ground. "Are you okay? You seem out of it."

"I'm fine." I replied trying to push him off of my, but he put more pressure on my wrists and moved his knee in between my legs so I couldn't escape. I glared at him as he smirked back at me.

"No seriously though, are you doing okay?" He asked again getting off of me and sitting on the ground. I layed next to him, watching the clouds pass by.

"I've just been thinking lately. What are we gonna do when he comes back. I don't want anyone getting hurt. Should I just go with him?: I asked looking at him questionably.

He shook his head, "We're not gonna let you go with that psychopath. We care about you and don't want anything bad happening to you. We will fight with you, I would just take this time to relax." He said leaning back to lay on the ground next to me.

"I guess you're right." I replied, yawning slightly, "I should just relax." I put my hands behind my arms. I felt a slight sensation as my eyes drooped and I was brought into a peaceful slumber.