6

I step out of Patrick's office and realise that I am at the end of a long corridor. I don't have time to observe anything other than this, because suddenly I am choking on light brown hair.

"Ryan! Congratulations! I am so excited!" Spencer squeals as he hugs me tightly. He pulls back, grinning from ear to ear. "I knew you'd get in! I'm your Big Brother! This is so super!"

"Yeah, Spence, um, I'm a bit hungover, so -"

"Hungover? I'm not hungover at all! You're an excellent kisser, by the way," Spencer beams as he links our hands and leads me down the corridor. I feel myself blush ever so slightly. Oh god, making out with Spencer was not the best idea I've ever had.

"These rooms are the biggest in the house, because the second floor has single rooms only. I'm on the first floor, I've got a twin room, they're all twin rooms on my floor. Wouldn't it be awesome if they put you in my room? That would be so much fun!"

Spencer is way too cheerful and loud for my current condition as we walk through a pair of doors halfway through the corridor. Suddenly, everything is marble and stone again, and I briefly look over the railing of the second floor landing to the ground floor entrance hall below. We go down the stairs to the first floor to find Sigmas walking about, smiling at me as I try to shield my eyes whilst covering up my practically naked form. Spencer leads us to a long corridor on the first floor. He only walks a short distance before opening a door.

"Come on in," he smiles at me, and I follow him to his room.

Spencer immediately begins to fuss about, mumbling about jeans I can borrow. I look at the room, which is simply decorated and divided in two. On both sides is a bed and a nightstand, a desk with a chair, a wardrobe and some additional shelf space on the wall. There are two windows, and a chest of drawers between the windows creates a dividing line between the two halves. It's not much, but the furniture is new and in good condition. One half of the room is empty, the other filled with Spencer's belongings. The room is a good size, but it then occurs to me that I might be sharing a room in the frat house. No way in hell do I want to share a room.

"There," Spencer says and gives me a pair of jeans. "Were you sleeping when they came for you?" I give him a nod. "Yeah, happened to me too. Scary, eh? But so cool! I knew you'd be accepted, I just knew it!"

I hastily pull on the jeans as Spencer goes to get me my very own Sigma Chi Beta hoodie. Is this really happening? I'm a Sigma. Oh god no, I'm a freaking Sigma. And Patrick's words pound in my ears: brotherhood, loyalty. If he had thrown betrayal somewhere in there, I'm sure I would be relating to this more. Spencer comes back quickly, handing me a new, indigo hoodie. I unfold it and hold it in front of me. The logo ΣXB is, supposedly, located where my heart is. The two grey stripes run on the front of it, and I feel otherworldly as I pull it over my head.

I'm a marked man now.

"That looks great on you!" Spencer says and bats his eyelashes. He surges forward and places a kiss on my lips. I immediately take a step back, slightly terrified. Spencer giggles, and I wish I could say it's a manly giggle, but it's not. "Come on, RyRy, it's our gay best friend thing! Remember last night how you said gay best friends make out with each other?"

"Uh, yeah... yeah," I sigh defeatedly.

Oh Jesus, I want to wake up from this horrible nightmare.

"When are you moving in?" Spencer asks me as he takes hold of my hand, beams at me and rolls on the balls of his feet.

"Oh. Um. I don't know, I need time to pack, I... I should be able to do it on Thursday, not too many lectures on Thursday, so..." I mutter. I don't want to move here. I don't want this.