VIII: Part 1

Zy POV

I woke up confused. Hold up. Where am I? Oooh, yeah, I'm at Bobby's house. I started laughing at how easily I forgot what happened yesterday. Memories of yesterday flooded my mind. My eyes started to bulge at how amazing it was; how it felt to heal myself. But what if it was a dream? Theres no way that was real. Its impossible. I started to look around for proof that it was real. I lean on my hand to pick up the clock on my dresser and flinch at a little inch of pain on the finger I 'pricked' yesterday. I slowly flip my hand over and see a little dent in my finger, a dot-like scar.
It was real. A huge grin crossed my face as I through on some slippers by my bed and rushed downstairs.
Drayton and Bobby are sitting at the dining table eating eggs and looking at newspapers. My smile falls to a frown when I dont see Cas with them.

"Good morning. Where's Cas?" I dont wait to ask.

"Mornin'. I donno. Wasn't here when I woke up. Im sure he'll pop up soon.

Cas where are you? I think to myself. I sit and Bobby makes me a plate of breakfast and I stuff my mouth so I can look for Cas.
You're up. Im coming.
I freeze mid bite. What the heck was that? And why did it sound like Cas? I must really be going crazy. I stopped eating and doze off into space, wondering if I should be in an asylum.
As if on cue, Cas appears and sits by me at the table, scaring the soul out of me.

"You dont know how to say, I don't know, maybe 'I'm here!' or 'Good Morning'?"
I ask him, tired of him scaring me every time he appears.
An inch of an apologetic expression appears and disappears off his face in less than a second.

"My apologies. Eat; we need to start lessons." he demanded.
As soon as I heard 'lessons' I shoved food so fast down my throat I started choking.
I took a quick shower and rushed outside to meet Cas.

"You have to harness it without forcing it. Imagine its a part of youre body; which it is, but thats not the point. Reach deep and demand to take control."

Ok Zy, dont embarass yourself.
I inhale lots of air and hold it in, trying to reach inside myself and tell my ability to show its self.
But instead, I look like im constipated; embarassing myself like I told myself I wouldn't.
I look at Cas and hes studying me, as if trying to find a diagnosis.

"Maybe it only appears when it feels needed." Cas tried to find an explanation.

"Most likely. But how am I supposed to control it if it has a mind of its own?" Since he apparently knows everything.

"I dont have any idea yet. But stick around until I think of something." Cas ordered me, walking toward the front door of the house.

"Ay, ay, captain." I saluted Cas to myself.

I turn and face the window to see Drayton watching, his eyes locked on mine. I gesture him outside and he disappears from the window.

"Whats up?" he asks, walking closer.

"Not much. But thats not what I wanted to talk to you about. I have an idea."

                            ~
"This is most definitely not a good idea." Drayton says to himself while he looks the other way so I can take my clothes off.

"I didnt say you had to come with me; I just wanted to let you in on how my brain thinks." I tap my forehead.

"Well your brain doesnt think things through. I dont want you hurting yourself." he responds, wrapping the rope around my waist.

"Aw, you care about me." I tease as his cheeks slightly tint pink.
"Cas said it himself; it only works when it feels needed. So lets hope it feels needed." I walk to the side of the rushing river to a more calm spot and lower myself in.

I gasp before dunking my body underwater. I sit under the surface, water and tiny rocks rushing by me, hitting my face.
After a while I just close my eyes and let my body float on the surface.
"Anything?" Drayton asked, watching me float. I opened one eye; he was grasping the rope so tight his knuckles were turning a lighter color.

"Nada." I start back stroking, every once in a while dipping under the water.
Dive.Dive.Dive.
I open my eyes the next time I dive under, coming face to face with a mini boulder right as it make contact with my face.

"Zy!" I hear Drayton in the back of my mind, sounding washed out. Im floating in the dark, seeing nothing, but hearing and feeling everything.
The aching pain in my nose; which is most likely bleeding.
My busted lip. My body being thrown against the bottom of the river bank.

"Let her go!" I hear Drayton yell and my body hits a sharp rock, ripping some skin on my lower back.
Someone is doing this to me? Why? The only person I know that would try to kill me is-

Crowley.

That old bastard is trying to kill me?!
How does he even know where I am?
I refuse to die. Not here. Not now; when im finally learning where im supposed to be.
Ive gotta fight.