XIV

"Uh oh"
"Uh oh what."
"I just got a voicemail from Dean. He knows about Zy."
"So what's the plan then, Cas?"
"Bobby, you need to get Zy and leave. You guys can't stay here. It's not safe anymore. If someone finds Dean and he says anything about, even thinks about Zy, they'll find her and kill her. That can't happen. Dean already hates me but he'll kill me if she dies under my protection. Drayton'll come with me."
"What about you, Cas? What are you going to do? Get yourself killed?"
"If the options are be killed by demons, or by Dean, then demons it is." Cas walks out the front door, then I hear shuffling in the kitchen.

For once in my life I wasn't caught eavesdropping.
Well, at least dad knows I exist. But now I'm at more risk. I've got to find him.
"Zy, come on! We gotta leave!" Bobby calls me inside and I grab all my belongings.
We pack into one of Bobby's working cars and hit the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After hours on the road, Bobby stops at a diner and we grab burgers and fries. I grab a computer off an empty table while Bobby orders and track Cas' phone calls before the computer's owner comes back.
Recent Calls
Crowley:666
Sam:809-555-3004
Dean:866-907-3235
I tap Dean's number and track his phone; he's heading our way. Maybe a couple days away.
It seems I have to stall Bobby for a couple days if I'm trying to meet up with him. Challenge: accepted.

We sit in a booth in the back of the diner, in case our "friends" decide to check in on us. A waiter a couple years older than me gives us our food, staring at me a little too long for Bobby's liking.

"Walk away, kiddo," he puts his hand on the pistol in his pocket; the boy backs away with his hands up, begging for mercy.

"That wasn't necessary. I can handle myself." I cross my arms and look out the window, chomping on a fresh salt-covered French fry.

"Yada yada; eat your food." He grabs his burger and takes a big bite, getting bits of bun in his beard.

"Where did Cas and Drayton go? Are we meeting up somewhere?" Bobby ignores me as he shoves down his food, obviously in a rush. I purposely eat slow, keeping my plan in mind.

"I dunno kid. What Cas plans up is what we're going with. Don't question it." He pays the check and asks for a container to put my food in; so far not good.

We walk back to the car and start up our journey to nowhere again.

Bobby doesn't really listen to music in the car; and when he does, it's that old crappy country music. The kind your great great grandmother listened to at her prom. The kind she remembered playing when your great great grandfather proposed, and at their wedding; the depressing stuff.

I'm more upbeat. A little pop-rock mixture; the healthy stuff. Listening to all this country music is making me feel like I'm in a long term depression and my cats been run over.

The only thing I see passing is the occasional car driving by. Other than that, lots of dead trees and tumbleweeds. We got closer and closer to North Dakota. Seems like Canada is our destination.

I watch each car drive by, hoping I wouldn't see a 1967 Chevy Impala.

As the sky got darker by the minute, I thought Bobby would stop at a motel or something; but apparently his plan was to stay in the car as much as possible. How's a girl supposed to stretch her legs?

We mostly rode along pathways, avoiding main highways and roads.
After a while a suspicious car drove behind us for a while. I couldn't tell what type of car, but it had red headlights and I don't think that's in any way good.
Bobby slowly increased speed, and they did the same. He turned as much as possible trying to loose them around a corner, but eventually he went on the highway so they couldn't try anything.

We swerved around every car, trying to keep a good distance between us. A U-Haul truck switched lanes behind us, blocking the car's view.
"I think I lost them. That's probably Crowley's people. Keep your head down." Bobby pushed my head down a bit, trying to shrink me.

We looked behind us after the road cleared up a bit and they weren't behind us.
"That was clos-" the car appeared in front of us, swerving so it's side was to us. Bobby slammed on the brakes, the front of the car flipping over the other one. We were flipping into the ditch beside the road, glass slashing through our arms and faces. Bobby put his arm over me, trying to keep me from flying out the car. Glass slit through my wrists, legs, and cheeks. We finally landed upside down, bent into a tree.
My vision clearing up, I looked to my left; Bobby's either unconscious or dead. Let's hope for option one. I push glass off the roof of the car so when I unbuckle my seatbelt, I won't cut up my knees more than they already are. I fall hard to the ground, feeling like someone shot me. I scoot over to Bobby's side and unbuckle him, as he slowly wakes up and falls to the floor.
"Shotgun...backseat..." he grunts, trying to catch his breath.
I reach to the backseat through the glass and find a bag full of ammo and guns. I load up the shotgun with salt bullets and wait for the distant footsteps to get closer.
Dress shoes stop on Bobby's side where the window used to be. It crouches down, revealing probably expensive dress pants. A hand curves around to inside the car and pulls the window base up, bending it. A white man looks down at us, a smirk on his face. He blinks and his eyes turn completely black.

"Peekaboo." He yanked Bobby out the car and threw him in the middle of the road.

"No! Bobby!" His body was breathing slow then went limp. He killed him.
My insides bubbled, fury and range from the past couple days building up. I loose everyone I meet. Mom,  grandma, now Bobby. Who knows who'll die next. I'm hoping it's this guy.

"So here's the deal, cupcake. You come with me willingly and get to live, or you refuse and I kill you. What's it gonna be?"

"Neither." A burst of power left me like shockwaves, sending the demon flying past Bobby. Serves him right.
I run to Bobby and scrape my knees falling to his side. "Bobby. Bobby, get up. You better not be dead. I swear Bobby you better not be playing with me." I shake him a bit and check his pulse; nothing. I pull him to a nearby rock and place his head on it.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but when you wake up, stay here." I fix his hat on his head and walk towards where the demon landed.

He's laying on the ground, his elbows propping him up. He looks at me with a smug look I'm so ready to wipe off his face. I raise my hand to punch out his daylights when a fist grips my arm and spins me around.
A tall guy with long brown hair that stops at his shoulders stands towering over me. His chin was scruffy and he had pastel lime green eyes. He looked at me like I was an angel or something. I know him, but my head's spinning so fast right now I don't know how.
"Are you okay? Where's Bobby!" He checks my arms and face, slightly wincing when he sees the slits covering my face; they don't even hurt.
Without saying anything I look in the direction where I left Bobby and he follows my gaze.
"Ok. Imma go get him then I'll come back, okay?"
He was walking away when I stopped him.
"W-what about him?" We turned and looked at the demon still laying on the ground. He could have easily escaped.
"Here. Shoot him. You'll feel better." He tossed a shotgun to me with a smile and without hesitation I shot the demon straight in the forehead.
He laid Bobby out in the back seat of his car and put away a bag of guns in the trunk. He opens the door for me to get in, then gets in himself.
We start riding down the road to a traffic filled highway when it dawns on me I don't know his name, or why he saved us.
"Oh I almost forgot; let me introduce myself. I didn't think this was how we were going to meet but it's whatever. I'm Sam; your uh-uncle."