Chapter 6

It was a beautiful sunny morning, I got out of my tent and looked outside. Everyone was wide  awake eating their breakfast and chattering.  I went and sat next Keegan. He immediately looked up and smiled, "good morning sleepy head"

I nodded in response and went to grab my breakfast. After I got it, I came back and sat down by Keegan and started eating my food.

Jaden came up to us and turned to me, "are you feeling better now"

I shyly looked downwards, "yeah I only have a headache"

Shortly after, Emma ran up to us, "Jaden what are you doing here!!?" She sneered.

Jaden smiled at his girlfriend, "I was just checking if Lola was okay"

She looked at him in disgust, "you don't need to check on her! Her boyfriend Keegan can take care of her."

I blushed and looked up at Jaden to see his reaction. He looked like he was trying to suppress his anger, I could tell from his face. Emma pulled Jaden away from me and glared in my direction. She was obviously jealous. Keegan, noticing the tension, stood up and went to get his radio to put on a song. When he came back, he asked me a question that made me turn bright red.

"Would you dance with me Lola?"

Jaden looked at him as did everyone else within earshot. I could see Jaden glaring at Keegan from the corner of my eyes. He looked like he was about to punch Keegan, but Keegan just turned to me and repeated his question. "Lola would you like to dance with me?"

I smiled a little, maybe this wouldn't be so bad. "Sure"

Keegan led us to the middle of the campground and started dancing to the music. Everyone started at us. It was a little embarrassing at first but then after a while I got used to the stares and started to dance more enthusiastically. Jaden stared at us for a while but then turned to Emma and asked her to dance. She obviously accepted right away and they started dancing too.

Jaden started to lead Emma towards us and when he was close enough, he whispered in Keegan's ear, "can we trade?"

Keegan shrugged, "yeah sure."

With that, Jaden handed Emma over to Keegan, much to Emma's dismay, and started to dance with me. It was awkward at first but then we started to have a small conversation. "Hi Lola" he smiled.

I smiled back at him, "Hi"

We stared into each other's eyes and Jaden started to tilt his head towards mine as we got closer and closer. At the last second, I turned away and asked him, "Can we sit please?"

He nodded and we went and sat down next to a tree, I turned and watched Emma and Keegan dancing to the music, Emma was arguing with Keegan and telling him he smells like old cheese. I laughed to myself at that. Jaden smiled at me and started laughing too.

I walked up to the music player and switched it to a pop song. Everyone on the campground got up  and started dancing to this upbeat music. It was a fun day full of laughter and cheerfulness. I wish it would have never end. But as the sun set, we had to start packing our bags to go home. As I was stuffing the last of my clothes into my bag, Keegan came up to me "Lola hurry up, let's go"

I laughed, "ok, ok I'm coming. You can wait for me by the bus stop"

Keegan got up and complied. I watched his back as he started to disappear into the woods.

When I turned around, I felt someone come behind me and grabbed my mouth, preventing me from screaming. The mysterious person pushed my back towards a nearby tree and spoke quickly, "I am going to uncover your mouth but don't scream ok?" I nodded and as promised, he let go of my mouth and stepped back. That's when I noticed that this person was none other than Jaden. I gasped in surprise, "Jaden? What are you doing! You scared me!"

He smiled apologetically, "Sorry, I had to talk to you alone"

I tilted my eyebrow up curiously, "Ok.. What is it?"

He took a deep breath and turned to look at his feet. I could see the faint blush rising in his cheeks. "I... I..."

Suddenly, Keegan started running back from the woods toward us shouting my name. Jaden took this as his chance to escape. As Keegan came to a stop next to me he started to pant. "What are you doing here Keegan? I thought I told you to wait by the bus stop" I questioned.

"I heard some noises coming from here, so I came back to see what was wrong."

I sighed, "It was nothing, Jaden was just here"

Keegan visibly twitched. "Ok let's just go" He grabbed my hand and led me to where our class was gathered. I saw Jaden standing next to Emma and he gave me a wink when he saw me. I blushed and smiled. Hmm, I wonder what he was going to say before..

Our bus stopped midway on our root to school  because of a flat tire.  We all had to get out of the bus and stand around outside because of this. I sighed. This is going to be boring.

~~~~~

Jaden was standing next to his friends talking to them. He groaned miserably,"UGHH, how am I going to tell Lola that I like her?"

His friend turned to him, "How about Emma what will you tell her?"

Jaden pondered on this for a second, "hmm, when I tell Lola that I like her, and she accepts my feelings, then it will be time for me and Emma to break up. The only thing stopping me from confessing my feelings to Lola is that stupid Keegan. That guy makes me angry."

His friend smirked, this was obviously jealousy. But he gave Jaden a thumbs up anyways, "good  luck dude"

~~~

The bus's tire was finally fixed so we all got up and started walking towards our bus. While we were walking, my feet somehow got stuck on something and I fell. I groaned as my body collided with the hard ground. Keegan and Jaden ran up to me and frantically asked if I was ok. I cut them off by saying, "Yeah I'm fine, don't worry, my feet just got tangled on something." Keegan helped me stand up and guided me back to the bus.

We all boarded the bus and I saw Jaden go up to the driver and whispered something in his ear. A second later the bus driver started playing a song called "Scars To Your Beautiful" I started thinking of me and Jaden as girlfriend and boyfriend. It would be nice...but Jaden has Emma. I sigh once again, we weren't meant to be I guess. Time went by quickly and soon enough we arrived at school.

To Be Continued...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Tuned. Hope you guys enjoyed it.