Chapter 8

Chapter 8

  The next morning I woke up feeling excited to see Jaden. Today I had woken up before my alarm clock, which really shows how excited I am.

  I quickly put on my clothes and ate breakfast. Jaden usually comes to school early so we might have time to talk. Yelling a quick 'I'm off!' to my mom, I ran off to school, it didn't take long for me to get there.

  As I walked to the front doors, I was shocked to see Jaden and Emma walking and laughing together, hand in hand. My heart filled up with sadness and I walked away on the verge of tears. I know they're dating but I thought me and Jaden had something going on. It hurt to see them all lovey dopey like that.

  I hear Jaden talking to Emma as I retreat. "Emma, you go ahead I'll catch up, but first I gotta take care of something"

Emma smiles and blows him a kiss before heading into the school.

I guess he saw me, shoot. What do I do now? Do I run away? Do I stop and act like nothing's wrong? My gut tells me to do the latter, and so I turn around and give Jaden my brightest smile.

"Hey Jaden! What's up?"

He looks confused, as if he expected me to be in tears or at least with a frown on my face. But then he shrugs it off and smiles back.

"Oh, nothing. It's just that I saw you suddenly walking away when you saw me with Emma, so I thought something was wrong."

I blush, how much did he know? Hopefully not everything. Time for my lying skills to come in. I laugh.

"ohh, that! I just saw you two talking and looking so adorable together so I thought I shouldn't disturb the cute sight"

Was it my imagination, or did I see his shoulders sag a bit? Jaden raised his hand to scratch his head and that's when I noticed the red mark on it.

"How's your hand?" I asked with genuine concern laced in my voice.

He looked down, "It's fine, nothing to worry about, it doesn't even hurt"

I smiled, "That's good, I was worried"

He blushed and bowed his head even lower, "Something like this wouldn't even scratch me"

I laughed and he finally looked up and grinned. The five minute bell rang ruining the moment. Jaden and I looked at eachother with panicked expressions, "Cmon! Let's go!" Jaden said frantically while running towards to the building.

We raced to our lockers to get out books for math class. Great. My most hated subject. Well at least Jaden was in my class.

Jaden and I made it to class before the second bell rang. It was a miracle really. We practically threw our bags in our lockers to be on time.

As Jaden went to his seat next to Emma, and I next to Keegan, Mr. H began his lecture. I was daydreaming and not paying attention at all until I suddenly heard my name being called. My teacher was calling me to answer the question on the board.

Oh great. Just great.

I walked shakily to the board, depicting whether or not I should run out of the class, all eyes turned to me, making my nervous level go up. I grabbed the white board marker and examined the question.

y= -3x+4, x=-1

My brain sifted around for an answer to the equation. How did he say we should solve this question again? UGHHH. Well might as well put a wrong answer. I mean, it's alright if I'm wrong, right?

I randomly right in the number 12 and step back from the board, as soon as I do that, Mr H starts shouting in my ears, "WRONNNG!! WERE YOU EVEN LISTENING YOUNG LADY??"

I felt embarrassed because of the few giggles I heard from behind me. "I'm sorry, I didn't understand how to do it"

Mr Hummel heaved out a annoyed sigh.

"Go back to your desk."

I obeyed and turned around to go back to my desk. All eyes were on me, some people even whispering. From the corner of my eyes I saw Edona leaning in to whisper into Jaden's ear. I moved closer to hear what they were saying without acting too suspicious.

"...she's so dumb"

My cheeks turned a bright red. From both anger and embarrassment. Not that I really cared what Emma thought, but Jaden might think I'm an idiot too.

I turn to see his reaction but was surprised to be greeted with a smile and a thumbs up. I felt myself smile back. I guess he didn't think anything of the situation. Good.

Well it should have been obvious, Jaden was not the type of person to judge, unlike Emma. How did those two get along anyways? Was it the fact that Emma was popular? Oh whatever, I shouldn't be thinking about this now.

The bell rang to signal next class and I got out of my seat to go to science, but guess whats the horrible part of it that Jaden and Emma are in the same science class as mine and i won't be able to focus in class. "ugh that sucks" i said in my head.

To be continued.

If you wanna know what's going to happen next you better be keeping an eye on the next chapter and comment below what YOU think is going to happen, Thanks For Reading.