Chapter Three

Yeah I'm not going to do that mother/father thing anymore. It bothers me too lol.

~~~Caleb's P.O.V~~~

Friday

"Ok now this is how it will work, for those of you who didn't get to present yesterday you will present today." Mrs. Kay said. She was up on stage with a mic while we sat in the seats below, we were in the auditorium. I looked around and Jamie hasn't arrived to school. She better have not blown me off. "Let's see.. First to go will be Caleb and Jaime." Mrs. Kay announced. I shook my head and sighed. She blew me off. I got up and went on stage. "Where's Jamie?"
"She didn't come to school.. I guess she's sick." I shrugged.
"Guess you're going to have to present by yourself." She smiled and handed my the mic.
"So the song we picked was Christmas Eve by my dad, Justin Bieber... My dad told us that he wrote the song for my mom to win her back because they were in a really bad breakup. The first time this song was performed was when my dad was in Stratford for the Holidays. He was going to perform it for my mom, but she was outside shoveling snow because she had community service." I said. I paused because someone raised their hand. "Yes?" I asked.
"Why did your mom have community service?" My classmate, Tyler asked.
"She broke a paparazzi's camera." I said honestly. Everyone laughed. "Trust me you would want to break it too if you're stalked 24/7." I sighed and continued. "So as I was saying.. My dad had his friend, Alfredo Flores, put the big screen in front of the place outside so my mom can see it.. Dad said that the song didn't win my mom." I chuckled. "So that's basically the history for the song.. It's a Christmas love song for my mom." I finished off.
"Now how will you be performing it?" Mrs. Kay asked.
"Um.. Well I can't do what we originally wanted to do because my partner isn't here.. So.." I tailed off while looking around. "I'll play it with the piano." I said and walked towards the piano. Mom had taught me to play the piano and I was really good at it. I started to play the melody, but I remembered someone needed to sing, I haven't sang in front of anyone.. Heck, I don't even know f I can sing good like my dad. I took a breath and started to sing to see what would come out. I was surprised that I sounded good, like sort of my dad good. Once I finished everyone cheered and clapped, especially the girls. I smiled and gave the mic back to Mrs. Kay.
"Wonderful job Caleb." Mrs. Kay smiled. I smiled and nodded and went back to my seat and watched everyone else present.

* * *

Pizza Parlor

"Did any of you guys see Jamie at school today?" I asked as I took a sip of water. Shayla, Connor, and I met up to have like an after school snack.
"No Caleb we don't keep an eye out for your crush." Shayla teased.
"She's not my crush." I defended.
"Then why are you always asking for her?" Connor asked.
"Because.. I don't know.. Because I care for her?" I said awkwardly.
"Are you sure this Jamie is not in your imagination? I haven't seen her around school." Shayla said while eating a slice of pizza.
"No she's real.. She's just quiet and alone all the time maybe that's why you don't notice her... She mysterious."
"Why do you like her tho, she's kind of rude." Connor asked while he ate some pizza also.
"Well.. She must have a reason to be rude and not like me as a friend.. I haven't found that reason yet."
"You just admitted that you like her." Shayla pointed out. I shook my head and looked away.
"Caleb and Jamie sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g" Connor said.
"At least he gets to kiss someone and not you." Shayla said.
"Look who's talking."
"I've had my first kiss already for your information."
"Yeah, but you cried." I chuckled. Mom, Dad, Emily, and David had told us the story countless times on how I kissed Shayla in Paris and she cried.
"Shut up." She blushed.
"Your first kiss was Caleb?" Connor asked.
"Yeah when we were like five in Paris." I laughed.
"Why?" Connor asked with a disgusted look.
"Kylie said because Caleb saw her and Justin kiss so he thought it was the right thing to do." Shayla explained.
"And it's not like awkward between you two?"
"No.. I would never date her." I said.
"Same." Shayla said.
"Would you date Jamie?" Connor asked.
"Hmm.. Yeah? No? I don't know. Probably not because then everyone is going to go crazy." I shrugged.
"What do you mean?" Shayla asked. Before I could answer I got a text from mom. 'Codie is begging for her cookies please stop by at the grocery and get them... Come home immediately'
"Uh.. Guys I have to go." I said while standing up.
"Why?" They asked at the same time.
"Codie wants her cookies." Right when I said that they knew exactly how serious that was, they've seen Codie and her tantrums when she doesn't have her cookies.
"You owe us for paying for you." Connor said as I walked away.
"I'll get you guys something for Christmas." I called out since it was almost Christmas. I didn't wait for a response and headed to the grocery store.

Grocery Store

"Man what's so fascinating about me going to the store?" I thought as paparazzi flashed their cameras at me as I walked into the store. I got a little annoyed when some people took out their phones to take pictures of me too, but I shook it off.. I'm use to it. I went straight to the cookie aisle and searched for Codie's cookies. I found a little girl struggling to reach a box of cookies in the aisle. I chuckled and went over to her. "Hey sweetie." I smiled, she stopped trying to reach for the cookies and looked up at me. "You want those?" I asked while pointing to the cookies. She smiled and nodded her head. I grabbed the box and handed it to her.
"Yay!" She smiled and hugged my legs. I chuckled and bent down to hug her.
"You're such a cutie." I smiled. "Are you here with your mommy?"
"No my sis-" She was about to say but got cut off.
"Leah put those cookies back." I heard a familiar voice. I looked up to see who it was.
"Jamie." I smiled while standing back up. "So this is your sibling?" I asked. "She's a cutie."
"What are you doing here?" She asked while pulling Leah away from me.
"Getting cookies, you?"
"None of your business."
"Why weren't you at school? You completely left me alone to present the project." I asked while examining her, she didn't look sick. "Aren't those the clothes you wore yesterday?" I asked without thinking.
"Come on Leah we are leaving." Jamie said.
"Can I get cookies?" Leah asked.
"No we don't have enough."
"I'll pay for it." I said.
"No." Jamie said. I glanced at Leah and she had a frown. Before I could speak they left to the cashier. I grabbed the cookies for Codie and then grabbed the ones Leah wanted. I was going to buy them for Leah whether Jamie liked it or not. I then walked to a different cashier, grabbing a bottle of water on the way.
"Leah wait." I called out before she left. She turned around and looked to see who called her name. I smiled and went over to her.
"Here sweetie... I know how much you really wanted them." I smiled and handed her the cookies. She smiled brightly and hugged the box of cookies.
"Thank you!" She cheered.
"You're welcome sweetie.. Now go back to your sister." I smiled.
"Leah go put the cookies back, what did I tell you?" Jamie scolded as I walked out with Leah.
"I got them for her.. It's ok." I said.
"Caleb I said not to buy it."
"I wanted to."
"I'll pay you back later."
"You don't have to." I chuckled. "Stop being stubborn and just take the damn cookies." I said. Once I realized I said 'damn' I stopped, woah.. I've never said a bad word in my life, I know 'damn' isn't that bad, but you know.. It's just not 'respectful.' "Look, just take the cookies.. Please? I just don't like it when I see little kids upset, it makes me feel bad." I sighed and scratched the back of my head.
"Ok fine." She sighed.
"Now I'm um... Going to go now.. These paparazzi have gotten enough pictures, the media is probably going to say we're dating or something tomorrow or later, but I'll make sure to clear it up." I said.
"Ok." Jamie said.
"Oh yeah, I know you don't like this question, but.. Do you need a ride?" I asked.
"Nope.. We walked here, so we'll walk back. It's not that far." Jamie said while zipping up Leah's coat.
"Come on, if you don't want me to know where you live so badly then I'll drive you guys close to wherever you live and then drop you off there and you can walk the rest."
"No.. Go home Caleb."
"Not until you let me give you a ride."
"I said no."
"Let me give you a ride or else I'll hug you in front of these cameras." I said while motioning to the pap across the street and taking a step closer to her.
"Whatever." She said while rolling her eyes and turned to walk away.
"Let me help you!" I shouted as I ran up to her and hugged her from behind. I told her I would hug her. I kept on shouting 'please' and jumping up and down while still hugging her to make a scene.
"Caleb." Jamie scolded. "Fine, just stop."
"Yay!" I cheered. Ha, Bieber's always get their way. "Come on Leah!" I smiled while picking her up and jumping up and down. She laughed which made me smile even more. "To the car!" I joked and skipped towards my range rover while still carrying Leah. I know I was acting like a little kid, but who says we can't have a little fun now and then?
"You're so annoying and weird." Jamie said as I sat Leah in the back and put on her seatbelt.
"You're so rude and mean." I sighed jokingly and opened the passenger side for her. She glared at me and then got in. "You're a mean one... Mr. Grinch." I jokingly sang as I got in the drivers side. I paused and thought for a moment. "No, I take that back.. That was rude of me to say, I don't know you personally so I can't say you're mean... You actually might be nice." I said. "Why don't you like me by the way."
"I just don't ok."
"But there has to be a reason."
"Just start driving or I'm going to get out."
"Alright fine." I sighed and started the car.
"Wait.. I thought you said you could only drive to school and back home?"
"I know... I never said I followed that rule." I shrugged.
"Won't you get in trouble?"
"Hmm.. Never thought about it.. My parents know where I am so it's ok with them."
"Oh." Jamie nodded and looked out the window. "Can I ask you something?"
"Sure." I replied while driving out the parking lot and towards the way Jamie pointed to.
"Doesn't those dudes with cameras annoy you? Like knowing you can't do things privately, it doesn't bother you?"
"Of course it annoys me sometimes.. But that's my normal. I grew up with cameras in my face because of who my parents are.. So I've adapted to it I guess."
"Oh." Jamie nodded.
"Can I ask you something now?" I said while turning left.
"Depends."
"Is Leah your only sibling?"
"Yeah." Jamie sighed. I decided not to ask anything else, I don't want to make her angry at me. "Stop here please.. We can walk the rest of the way, it's not far seriously." Jamie said. I stopped at the side of the rode.
"So like.. When will we see each other again? It's winter break already, so we can't see each other at school until next year."
"Um.. Why? We were just partners.. That's all, I don't want to be friends with you."
"But I want to be friends with you... Maybe even more than friends." I said, the last part slipped out. She gave me a weird look and then got out with Leah. "Jamie wait." I called out before he closed the door.
"What now?"
"Stay safe." I smiled. She just nodded and then closed the door. I sighed and watched as she started to walk, I then drove off towards my house. 'Caleb are you almost home? Is everything alright?' I read a text from mom.
'Yes.. I'll be home in about 5' I replied, I know I shouldn't text and drive, but it was my mom.. I had to answer.

Home

"Mom I'm home." I called out as I entered the house.
"Did you get my cookies?" Codie asked as she ran towards me.
"Of course." I chuckled and handed her the cookies. She smiled, hugged me quickly, and ran off.
"Codie don't eat a lot of those! You're going to ruin your dinner!" Mom called out. I took off my coat and beanie and hung them in the closet while setting my backpack down to the side.
"Is dad home?" I asked while sitting on a stool and leaning against the countertop.
"No, you're grandpa and him are discussing a project at the office."
"Oh." I nodded and grabbed a banana from the fruit basket. I started to peel the banana until something caught my eye. "What is that?" I asked while pointing to the iPad mom was using.
"What?"
"What article are you reading?" I asked as I saw my name in the title.
"Oh.. Someone recorded you singing at school today and somehow the media got a hold of it. Why didn't you tell me you could sing?"
"I didn't know I could sing myself." I shrugged and took a bite of the banana.
"So other than that.. How was school?"
"Same old.. Normal, Jamie didn't attend school tho, so I had to present myself... That's the only reason why I sang."
"So Jamie was sick? Hope she feels better."
"No.. I don't think she was sick, I saw her at the grocery with her little sister." I smiled at the thought of Leah. "She's the cutest girl ever."
"Leah or Jamie?" Mom chuckled.
"Leah of course.. Jamie? Well I think she's beautiful, but all girls are beautiful." I smiled. "She's just a different kind of beautiful... That I like, a lot." I said while finishing the banana. Mom smiled and threw away the banana peel for me.
"Oh yeah.. I'm sorry for being strict with you the other day when Jamie came over, I didn't mean to."
"That's ok." I shrugged.
"So.. Is my baby having a crush?" Mom asked while smirking.
"Mom." I said while blushing.
"There's nothing wrong with your first crush." She laughed.
"I don't even know if I like her and everyone is already assuming that I do." I sighed while taking out my phone.
"I was the same at your age.. I didn't know if I liked your father either."
"How did you know you liked him then?"
"Well... I guess it's when he showed me that he really loved me and we were walking along the beach." Mom smiled while thinking back at the memory.
"So I have to walk along the beach to see if I like Jamie?"
"No not necessarily."
"You know what.. Love is confusing and I'm going to stop talking about it.. My true love is my bed and I'm going to go sleep with her. Bye mom." I joked and went up to my room to take a nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors Note:
Thanks for reading and I'm still thinking about Jazzy and Jackson, maybe further in the story. I'm not going to make Caleb say mother/father anymore lol so yeah.. Im also going to make Kylie and Justin less strict, Caleb is still going to be respectful tho. Sorry if it was short.

Next chapter will be more about Jamie :)

Have a nice dayyyyyyy :)