Chapter Four

Next Day

~~~Jamie's P.O.V~~~

I quietly cleaned up the mess that was surrounding my 'dad' as he was passed out on the couch drunk. I never liked this stupid alcoholic bastard, that's one of the reasons why I don't want Caleb coming over, he's always drinking. I picked up the beer bottles and threw them in the trash. Leah was still sleeping and my 'mom' was working. I didn't like her either, she never believes me. I bent down to grab a beer box, but I suddenly felt a hand grab my ass. I stood up and turned around to find my dad, or should I call him by his real name, Henry, sitting up from the couch. I stiffened and stayed silent. He then grabbed my arm and pulled me to sit on his lap. I knew I shouldn't try to get away or else he would beat me. I put my hands on my lap and stayed silent, this has been happening since who knows how long. "Hey baby." He said into my ear and started to rub his hand on my thigh, I straightened up and looked at the ground. I could tell he was still drunk. He then started to touch all over my body and then my boobs. I bit my lip to hold back the tears, I hated when he did this. "Go get me a beer you fucking slut." He said and then forcefully pushed me off. I quickly got up and went to get a beer from the kitchen. I went back to hand him the beer, but he already passed out again. I set down the beer next to him and rushed to my room, I shared a room with Leah since our house was small and we were poor. I sat down on my bed and some tears slipped out. I then looked around the room and saw Leah was sleeping with those cookies that Caleb had gotten her. I wiped my tears and sighed. The only reason why I don't let Caleb drive me home is because of all of this. I don't want him to know that I'm poor, or that Henry is an alcoholic, or that I get physically and sexually abused. Im surprised I've stayed this strong, the only reason why I'm alive is to take care and protect Leah. The reason why I didn't go to school yesterday was because Leah didn't have school, elementary had winter break a day early, and I didn't want to leave her alone with Henry. I don't want Henry doing what he does to me to Leah, he has tried, but I stop him. I've tried telling my mom, but she doesn't believe me. She hates me because she thinks I'm making Henry not love her anymore. I really do hate my life. The reason why I don't want to be friends with Caleb is because then he's going to want to come over or get to know my 'family' and I just don't want to get him involved. I really don't actually hate him, he's actually really sweet and I was expecting him to be snotty and rude. That day I spent the night at his house I was glad that mom didn't have work so she could take care of Leah, Henry doesn't try anything when she's around. Just then Leah started waking up.

"Jamie?" Leah asked sleepily. I got up and laid next to her.

"Yes sweetie?" I asked.

"I'm hungry." Leah said.

"Eat your cookies." I said while opening the box for her, there wasn't any food here since it ran out. I got worried because I didn't know what to give Leah to eat for lunch and diner later. Leah put a cookie close to my mouth but I shook my head. "No you eat, I'm not hungry." I said as I got up, I quickly went to go change and then helped Leah change also. I then played with Leah and we made little noise so Henry wouldn't wake up. I can't wait until I'm 18 and I move away with Leah.

* * *

~~~Caleb's P.O.V~~~

Ah it's Saturday! I smiled as I got out of bed and went to take a shower. I slept in today. Once I finished I brushed my teeth, blow dried my hair, styled it, and put on grey skinny jeans, white thin tee, and a black sweatshirt. I grabbed black vans and put them on. By the time I was finished it was 11:30am. "Good morning." I greeted mom and dad, they were 'cuddling' on the couch, which I find disturbing sometimes.

"Morning buddy." Dad smiled, I rolled my eyes when he called me buddy, yeah I liked it when I was little.. But I'm not a little boy anymore.