Chapter One

A/N I hope you like this story.
Idea inspired by sterek.ig on instagram :)

[Derek's pov]

I was walking down Beacon Hills Bridge when I noticed a bald young man, standing at the edge of the bridge. I assume he was going to jump so I called 9-1-1.

"9-1-1 what's ur emergency?"

"there's a guy standing at the edge of Beacon Hills bridge, he's bald and 5'10. I think he's about to jump,"

"Ok sir, the police and ambulance are on their way, please try to calm him down and help him the best you can,"

"Okay," I said before hanging up.

"Hey, uhm- I'm here to help you," I mumbled stepping closer to him. He couldnt hear me, I then moved closer, and closer until im about 2m away from him. "Hey, you don't have to this, it's going to be okay," I mumbled, again. I was never good at comforting people.

"Go away!" he said, so now I knew he could jear me. "No one can help me, just go away!"

"How would you know? You havent even told me what's wrong, maybe I can help. Talk to me." I tried, again.

"I don't even know you!" he screamed, stepping closer to the edge.

"You can get to know me, please don't do this, you're young, you have a whole life ahead of you, please talk to me," I tried, again. I didnt know him but, I really wanted to see him safe. plus, a pretty face like that is almost guaranteed to have the world's most beautiful smile.

"Why? Why should I?" before he took another step, I pulled his arm back and he fell back into my arms. I held him up, he started crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked him one last time.

"What's wrong? I'm me, that's whats wrong. Nobody needs me. I'm fucking useless,"

"That's bullshit, you have friends and family, they need you."

"No! I got my dad fired, my mom is dead, the love of my fucking life never noticed me, my best friend is better off on his own, he's a fucking werewolf he can take care of himself"

I widened my eye, werewolf but I brushed it off, I'm here to help him.

"Wha- what's your name?" I asked.

"St- Stiles." He replied.

"Sucha pretty name for such a pretty person," I mumbled, realising what I just said, I shooked my head. Im not gay, whats wrong with me. "S-" before I could finish my sentence, I looked down to see him smiling. I was right he did have a beautiful smile. "You are needed, if you were meant to be dead, I wouldn't have stumbled accross you, you would have jumped. This is fate telling you that you need to be here, that you are needed. Don't go, Stiles. Everything will be okay, I promise," I said, smiling at him, he eventually went out of my hold and stood still, "Thanks." then he continued, "So what's your name?"

"Derek."

He widened his eyes, shocked. "Oh.. What's your last name?"

"Since when was this an interview?" I teased. He gave me and awkward and fake smile, did I say something wrong?

My thoughts were cut off to the sound of police sirens and ambulance car.

"Who tried to jump?" The officer asked.

"Uh, him." I replied.

The officer pulled him to the side to talk to him and one officer went up to me, "Thank you, for talking to my son. I appreciate it but dont you dare come near him ever again," he said

Of course, Stiles have heard about me if he was the son of an officer, I wonder if he knew I was a werewolf too. But I shook my head and walked off the bridge, I turned around to see Stiles, who was hugging his dad.

I sighed heavily, and continued walking off.