✈ ii.

[ LOCAL TIME 12:03 ]

After mere minutes of banging against the thick metal doors of the elevator, I start to lose feeling in my fists. I rest against the metal barricade, as if I was trying to push it one last time with all of my body weight, and then fall to the ground in a fit of tears. After crying for a minute or two, I look up and see the horrified look of the guy in the corner of the elevator.

"I don't know why you're all upset," He starts, his voice almost snarky. "The power probably went out and I know the airport has to have a back-up generator, so I doubt we'll be in here long."

I ignore him and remain in my current panic state on the floor crying hunched over into my knees. I really didn't think today could get worse. Trust me, I know if I keep saying that it's going to keep getting worse, but I feel like I've had more than enough bad karma for probably the next few months, if not years.

Deciding that crying isn't going to help me get out of this elevator, I crawl into the upper corner of the metal box and look up at the guy, who frustratingly looks at his cell phone.

"What's wrong?" I inquire, trying to see him through the darkness of the elevator.

"I don't get service in here," He states.

I pull my phone out of my purse and find the same true for me. "Same," I start to reply. "Were you trying to call for help?"

The guy shakes his head and lets out a small chuckle. "Just trying to upload a video of you having a breakdown to SnapChat.."

[- ✈ -]