✈ xxvii.

[ +3 MINUTES ]

"There has to be another seat open," I mumble to the flight attendant who mindlessly scrolls through her Facebook feed. "There has to be. I need to be on that flight to New York."

The flight attendant shakes her head. "For the billionth time, there are no open seats, and the gate has already been shut. There's nothing I can do."

You can open the damn doors and let me fight someone over their seat.

"Thanks," I mumble almost sarcastically, turning away from her as I walk towards the large window that shows endless runways. As I stare at the blue-metal finish of the plane, I wonder where Sabrina is seated and if she's looking for me in the window waving goodbye to her.

I watch the plane discontinue from the loading gates and begin to move away from the airport. It slowly and effortlessly moves through the tangles of the runways and then, it speeds up and hovers over the ground. When it finally clears the runway and disappears into the distance, my heart starts to slow down from all of my panic and there's something there that wasn't there before - an ache.

[- -]

Nathan's POV through the rest of the story. We're almost there!

So I did some damage to my knee this past weekend putting on my scuba diving equipment so here we are. I'm so incredibly sorry it takes me so long to update - I am a full time nursing student with a full time job. I'm going to try my best to wrap this up, and hopefully I'll have a contest at the end for anyone who is interested as well as a new book for you guys to read if you like. Thank you so much for the support! I never thought I'd read 100K ever again (especially for a book that is non-fanfiction)