✈ iii.

[ LOCAL TIME 12:07 ]

The sound of silence fills the elevator as each of us stand in our own separate corner away from the other. Since the power is still out, the only light that fills the small metal box is the screen light from the guy's cell phone, which was obnoxiously bright.

"We've been stuck in here for five minutes now," The guy starts. "Why isn't the power back on yet?"

"Maybe it's not the airport, but an electrical failure in the elevator," I respond coldly, still quite annoyed from before.

"Well aren't you a smart ass."

Deciding that I don't have the energy to respond to this guy, I unlock my phone and note the current time, 12:07, and then scroll through some old family vacation photos to remind me of what I have to look forward to once I get home. For the first time in the past four years, my whole immediate family is going to be in the same house -- at least everyone except for me.

"So if we're going to be stuck in this elevator together, can I at least know your name?" The guy's voice, which was somewhat deep and soft at the same time, questions as it echoes through the cold metal panels of the elevator.

"Why? So you can publicly humiliate me on your SnapChat using my actual name?"

I can see the guy shrug his shoulders from the light that was coming from his phone. "I was just curious," He responds.

"It's Sabrina," I respond.

"Nathan."

"Nice to meet you?"

"I guess," He replies with another shrug.

[- ✈ -]