✈ xiii.

[ LOCAL TIME 13:11 ]

I stand on my toes and lean forward on the metal elevator, and even as the metal shifts I am able to keep my balance. I place my hands firmly on the wall, and inch up to where the doors are. In retrospect, if Nathan was up here, he would have no problem reaching the doors because he was slightly taller than me. However, getting him up here probably would've broken my bones, so I guess I'm the only option.

My fingers slide into where the doors part towards the bottom and I attempt to pull them open, but they won't budge. In all honesty, I'm not really sure what I expected to happen. I can barely carry textbooks in my hands around campus, let alone be able to pull two shut elevator doors apart.

"Any luck?"

"No," I reply, feeling the elevator shake from below me.

The sudden movement of the metal container sends me flying to the ground. Regaining my senses, I carefully sit up and try to concentrate on what just happened by tuning Nathan's concerned voice out. Within a matter of moments, I feel something cold trickle down my forearm. When I move it into the light, the liquid crimson that covers most of my pale skin alarms me beyond the point of consciousness.

[- ✈ -]